PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a rap album for me

JaBlue
02-18-2005, 06:23 AM
I have some cash to blow so I'm gonna buy a couple rap albums.

My taste: I like Wu-Tang, Nas, Jay-Z, Outkast, Biggie, NWA, etc. etc.

Just list your favorite albums for me. Especially the ones that I probably don't have (i.e. I don't want to see a gazillion replies saying "illmatic." I have it. It's great. Please suggest something I probably don't have /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Thanks.

Also: I prefer that your suggestions aren't mainstream or played on MTV all the time. If it gets airtime on BET, its cool though.

Jack of Arcades
02-18-2005, 06:24 AM
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary Volume 2

siccjay
02-18-2005, 06:27 AM
Brotha Lynch Hung - Season of the Siccness

siccjay
02-18-2005, 06:31 AM
The Team - Negro League

Geto Boyz - The Foundation

The Federation the Album

Loki - 21 Gun Salute

Paul Wall & Chamillionaire - Get Ya Mind Correct

MarkL444
02-18-2005, 06:32 AM
does anyone else think its ironic that rap rhymes with crap?

siccjay
02-18-2005, 06:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe opinions on music genres were asked for.

Robk
02-18-2005, 06:40 AM
madvillainy. its not like the stuff you listed but still good.

Gramps
02-18-2005, 06:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No, but I think it's ironic that country rhymes with inbred.

MarkL444
02-18-2005, 06:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't believe opinions on music genres were asked for.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont believe one was given

Jack of Arcades
02-18-2005, 06:48 AM
I suppose it is ironic, since rap is awesome.

dr. klopek
02-18-2005, 06:57 AM
"Uptown Saturday Night" by Camp Lo

daveymck
02-18-2005, 07:13 AM
Probably more left field but the Judgement Night CD is really good, callaborations between metal acts and rap artists some really good stuff on there, Faith No More with Boo Ya Tribe in particular.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 07:16 AM
MF Doom is horrible & massively overrated. If I had to choose one album to give you, it'd probably be Brother Ali - Shadows On The Sun. Very complete album. It's a personal favorite. I'm probably gonna make a thread with links to songs I enjoy in the near future since I discovered how many hip hop fans are on this board.

Caruso329
02-18-2005, 08:02 AM
A local band from Athens, GA.
Reality Flow by Ishues.

Ishues website (http://www.ishues.com/)

You can listen to all of their songs at the site for free.

BadBoyBenny
02-18-2005, 09:29 AM
Common Sense - Ressurection
Talib Kwheli - Beautiful Struggle
Kanye West - College Dropout
Jurassic Five - Any of their albums

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 09:31 AM
Will Smith- Big Willy Style

MikeNaked
02-18-2005, 09:36 AM
You are wrong.

The correct answer is: Madvilliany w/ MF Doom is pretty damn good (thanks in huge part to Madlib).

Also:
Quasimoto - The Unseen
Black Star - self/titled
Foriegn Exchange - Connected

crownjules
02-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Atmosphere. Forget his newest album's name, but it's really good. So are his others for that matter.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 09:44 AM
sevens headshots (release of songs recorded 97-99, recomended for the serious fan only)
sevens travels
god loves ugly
lucy ford ep
overcast

Clarkmeister
02-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Eric B and Rakim - Follow the Leader

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 10:03 AM
Is there a reason why the only thing 90% of the hip-hop listeners on this board bump is Atmopshere and other nerd rap? It's insane. MF Doom is a mediocre rapper.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 10:16 AM
Maybe because its better than 90% of rap out nowadays?

And FWIW (I assume you were addressing me since Clark whipped out a classic) while Atmosphere may be some of my favorite stuff I haven't brought him up once yet in specifically, I merely responded to a poster who didn't know the titles of his albums.

Also, 7's headshots is pretty dissapointing if that will make you feel better.

You should thank your stars for slug, otherwise your boy Brother Ali who you are repping so hard wouldn't have a label.

Also, labeling it nerd-rap makes you sound pretentious.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 10:21 AM
First off, no it isn't. Second, I wasn't directly labeling you. I'm talking about 90% of the 2+2 listeners apparently. I pulled the figure out of my ass, but it's pretty accurate.

And if you think Rhymesayers is the only label that would take Brother Ali you need your head checked. If RSE didn't have Bro Ali someone else would. Guaranteed.

It is nerd rap. I didn't make up the name.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:24 AM
smif n wessum "dah shinin" (often overlooked, and one of my all-time favorirtes)

oc "jewelz" (classic and again too-often overlooked...great guest spots by big l and freddie foxx)

those are the first that came to mind. i'm sure you've got a deluge of suggestions to wade through (i haven't read the thread yet), but i can assure you the ones i mentioned will not let you down.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MF Doom is horrible & massively overrated. If I had to choose one album to give you, it'd probably be Brother Ali - Shadows On The Sun. Very complete album. It's a personal favorite. I'm probably gonna make a thread with links to songs I enjoy in the near future since I discovered how many hip hop fans are on this board.

[/ QUOTE ]

how much kmd have you heard?

and yes, shadows is a very good album.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Only one song. Sweet Premium Wine. Did MF suck less back then?

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't think dumile sucks now, but putting that aside i don't think you're qualified to judge him having heard only one kmd song. that really is shameful.

jkinetic
02-18-2005, 10:30 AM
-Organized Konfusions first album, I believe self titled.

-Tribe Called Quest-Low End Theory

-De La Soul-De La Soul is Dead

-Public Enemy-Nation of Millions

-Digable Planets-first and second albums

-Kool G Rap-early years

-Big Daddy Kane-early years

-Black Moon-Enta da Stage

-Portishead-self titled, this is not hip hop but it is damn good

-Blackicious-first EP

This is strictly off the top of the dome, I haven't listened to that ish in so long I forgot the titles of the albums and probably left out a ton of other buttahs. Wow, I feel so old now.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And if you think Rhymesayers is the only label that would take Brother Ali you need your head checked. If RSE didn't have Bro Ali someone else would. Guaranteed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, i'm sure rocafella slapped themselves on the forehead when they called ali to sign him a day late.

i think the real benefit of ali being on rhymesayers is the beats he gets.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It is nerd rap. I didn't make up the name.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you choose to use it. Please explain to me the difference between slugs nerd-rap and kanyes style of rap.

[ QUOTE ]
First off, no it isn't. Second, I wasn't directly labeling you. I'm talking about 90% of the 2+2 listeners apparently. I pulled the figure out of my ass, but it's pretty accurate.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why does it bother you that so many people appreciate good music?

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

:::shrug::: There are tons of talented rappers without deals.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yes, i'm sure rocafella slapped themselves on the forehead when they called ali to sign him a day late.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you honestly think that a label wouldn't pick him up immediately than you're a bigger idiot than I thought. Talking about in the underground, dude.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well, i don't think dumile sucks now, but putting that aside i don't think you're qualified to judge him having heard only one kmd song. that really is shameful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's shameful that I don't go out and pick up an artists old work when I already think he sucks.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
-Organized Konfusions first album, I believe self titled.

[/ QUOTE ]

are you referring to "stress the extinction agenda?" if so i agree...stray bullet alone is teh hotness.

[ QUOTE ]
-Digable Planets-first and second albums

[/ QUOTE ]

i'd disagree here. i think they're totally overrated by native tongues-type people (and you appear to be one based on the rest of your list...but there's nothing at all wrong with that).

you made a damn good list though. you've got g rap, black moon, etc...well done.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you honestly think that a label wouldn't pick him up immediately than you're a bigger idiot than I thought. Talking about in the underground, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah you're right. i just felt like being a smartass. but i agree with you...i'm sure any number of indie labels would have loved to get him (def jux, etc).

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. It's shameful that I don't go out and pick up an artists old work when I already think he sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

well, it's like listening to "the autobiography of mistachuck" and then concluding that chuck d sucks. you can't judge him without hearing the stuff he did with pe. sure, you might find out that you dislike his pe stuff as well after you listen to it, but you certainly couldn't with any credibility only hear his solo stuff and then proclaim that he sucks.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
But you choose to use it. Please explain to me the difference between slugs nerd-rap and kanyes style of rap.

[/ QUOTE ]

I use it because it groups everything you listed into one listing. I'm not trying to disrespect your taste in music by calling it nerd-rap. I don't listen to Kanye. Slug says a lot of random stuff that doesn't really make sense. Emo type crap. I'm more into harder stuff. I enjoy a few Atmosphere songs and Ant makes sick beats, but for the most part it's just not my thing.

[ QUOTE ]
Why does it bother you that so many people appreciate good music?

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't bother me. I could care less, I just thought it was odd that 90% of this board listens to so much Atmosphere.

[ QUOTE ]
:::shrug::: There are tons of talented rappers without deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Pretty much has nothing to do with what I said. Hmf.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Dude,
in every recent hip hop post you have bashed everyone elses choices while never giving opinions of your own in both:

best rapper/group ever thread
playlist thread.

You also think Canibus is something special which makes me laugh really hard. Yeah, Jin is hot too when he gets in the studio /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don't you have a backpack to put on or something?

Edit: Ok, you're being more reasonable, and I may be cranky from being up for 3 days now and being in the politics forum... Ill relax.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude,
in every recent hip hop post you have bashed everyone elses choices while never giving opinions of your own in both:

best rapper/group ever thread
playlist thread.

You also think Canibus is something special which makes me laugh really hard. Yeah, Jin is hot too when he gets in the studio /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Don't you have a backpack to put on or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

who are you directing this at?

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 10:44 AM
the poster that i replied to

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Alright, I tried to be civil, but you are an absolute moron. In the playlist thread I didn't bash anybody man, what the hell are you talking about? I didn't give my own opinions? Uh, I posted a playlist didn't I? I can't remember the best artist thread, but I believe we had a huge debate.

Yeah, Canibus is something special. He's a lot better lyricist than Slug ever will be.

And apparently you have no idea what a backpacker is. Backpackers are people like you who listen to Slug, Eyedea, Murs, Aesop & other nerd-like music.

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: Ok, you're being more reasonable, and I may be cranky from being up for 3 days now and being in the politics forum... Ill relax.

[/ QUOTE ]

Possibly, but I still think you're an idiot for the Canibus comment followed up by unfunny Jin reference.

http://www.spitflames.com/images/Nerd.gif

crownjules
02-18-2005, 10:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Is there a reason why the only thing 90% of the hip-hop listeners on this board bump is Atmopshere and other nerd rap? It's insane. MF Doom is a mediocre rapper.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's good music? Is it such a bad thing? You make it out to be. He's just got some good music. God Loves Ugly is the one my group of friends listens to often. It's just a really laid back rap album that's good to chill out and have as background music.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 10:53 AM
explain to me the difference between jin and canibus. they are eerily similar. talented freestyle, can battle rap, can't write for [censored]. canibus makes garbage music. isn't he in the army now or something?

and you are the elite-type backpacker, too hip and cool for "nerd-rap" now that it has gotten somewhat popular, you have to be one step ahead. slug is WAY to popular nowadays to be considered backpacker music. his status ended when GLU came out.

and slug is a much better song writer than canibus will ever be, so where does that leave us?

ok i dont want to hijack this thread anymore i feel like a dick. we have different opinions, it happens

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
And apparently you have no idea what a backpacker is. Backpackers are people like you who listen to Slug, Eyedea, Murs, Aesop & other nerd-like music.

[/ QUOTE ]

you know i really hate the term "backpacker." what if someone listens to the "nerd rap" that you describe, but also listens to master p, jay-z, dr. dre, eminem, etc? then what are they? the labels you're using only make you look like an ass. "nerd rap" and "backpacker"...weak. labelling some stuff as "nerd rap" is just as wack as someone who smugly says "talib kweli is hip hop, and jay-z is rap...there's a difference."

xadrez
02-18-2005, 10:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

GREAT album

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
explain to me the difference between jin and canibus. they are eerily similar. talented freestyle, can battle rap, can't write for [censored]. canibus makes garbage music. isn't he in the army now or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

Canibus does not freestyle or battle. Jin does. Please tell me you don't know the difference between written freestyle and actual off the top freestyle. They are not similar at all. Style wise, voice wise, lyrics wise.. nothing. Jin isn't a battle rapper. He's a wanna-be mainstream rapper hoping to make it big. Best of luck to him. lol @ Canibus not being able to write. Okay, bro.. whatever you say.

[ QUOTE ]
and you are the elite-type backpacker, too hip and cool for "nerd-rap" now that it has gotten somewhat popular, you have to be one step ahead. slug is WAY to popular nowadays to be considered backpacker music. his status ended when GLU came out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently you didn't get the memo. Backpackers are the people listening to underground emo crap. Not me.

[ QUOTE ]
and slug is a much better song writer than canibus will ever be, so where does that leave us?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hahaha, I guarantee you haven't heard any Canibus. Or you're just stupid. Rev. V2 is overrated, too. Good albu, though.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 11:19 AM
You are clearly an idiot (http://madnet51.free.fr/jinverse(u-mad.net).wmv )

So what is this?

And apparently you can't read since you just repeated the same things as before. And yes, I have heard Canibus. There is a reason people thinks he sucks. Make a poll and watch if you are so confident.

Oh, and I guess Slug isn't a good song writer because he is too "complicated" and you "can't understand what hes talking about..." Sorry, other people can, maybe you're just slow.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 11:29 AM
Do you not know the difference between being a battler & a battle rapper? I just said Jin battles, but he's not a battle rapper. Canibus is. Jin isn't.

Yeah, I'm gonna make a poll on 2+2 where more than half the crowd favors Slug. I wouldn't make a poll anyway, I don't care enough about this debate to waste space on 2+2s server making a silly thread.

Slug isn't a good rapper period. His songs are corny to me. Deal with it. And Slug is defenitely complicated. If anybody is complex in this debate it's defenitely Bis.

thatpfunk
02-18-2005, 11:34 AM
I didn't say against Slug, I just said if Canibus is a great rapper...

If you want to continue this you can start another post, as I tried to say long ago, done hijacking.

TMFS9
02-18-2005, 11:43 AM
I would suggest checking out:

Dayton Family - FBI

UGK - Riding Dirty

two great albums

swede123
02-18-2005, 11:48 AM
Try Pharcyde. Bizarre Ride II is an awesome album.

Cheers,

Swede

bear187
02-18-2005, 12:42 PM
The Four Horsemen - The Horsmen
Chamillionaire - Mixtape Messiah
Anything by the Boss Hogg Outlaws :O

Chris Daddy Cool
02-18-2005, 01:24 PM
I can listen to these albums nonstop.

KANYE WEST - COLLEGE DROPOUT, its a shame nobody seems to give this album its props

mos def - black on both sides
blackstar - blackstar
outkast - ATLiens/Aquemeni

oh btw, i used to like canibus. i still think he's cool when he's focused. his albums have been crap, but his guest spots are hot. don't believe me?

check out his verse from from Beasts From The East and also that one song with nore, cam and pun on the DJ Clue tape.

nothumb
02-18-2005, 01:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Canibus not being able to write. Okay, bro.. whatever you say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok... "Nigganometry" or whatever? Every Cannibus song I've heard where he wasn't just talking [censored] for 30 bars is whack. If I'm wrong I'd like to hear it as I always thought he was wasting his talent.

BTW, not that I'm defending Atmosphere. I like a few things from Def Jux but I think Atmosphere is maybe the worst thing to happen to rap in the last 5 years.

NT

VBM
02-18-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Common Sense - Ressurection
Talib Kwheli - Beautiful Struggle
Kanye West - College Dropout
Jurassic Five - Any of their albums

[/ QUOTE ]

These are all really good. I'd add Ozomatli & Guru's Jazzmatazz (the 1st one)

fnord_too
02-18-2005, 01:34 PM
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
check out his verse from from Beasts From The East and also that one song with nore, cam and pun on the DJ Clue tape.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention his verse on the common song "making a name for ourselves."

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
lol @ Canibus not being able to write. Okay, bro.. whatever you say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok... "Nigganometry" or whatever? Every Cannibus song I've heard where he wasn't just talking [censored] for 30 bars is whack. If I'm wrong I'd like to hear it as I always thought he was wasting his talent.

BTW, not that I'm defending Atmosphere. I like a few things from Def Jux but I think Atmosphere is maybe the worst thing to happen to rap in the last 5 years.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry he's not delivering some positive message for you to agree with, thumb. He's know for delivering insane verses with the rawest sht there is. If you don't like that it's not for you. And Nigganometry is a sick concept. He can rhyme on topic better than most if that's what you want. Jay Ohh Bee, AIDS Is Gold HIV Is Platinum & Channel Zero are all non-battle tracks.

I took a lion on tour with me
Made him respect authority
Smacked him in the head for tryna roar at me
Lyrics got my undivided loyalty
And there aint nothin' on this God damn planet that's worth more to me
In the name of hip hop niggas could corner me
Torture me, slice me then stitch me up like embroidery

Chris Daddy Cool
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like that better than Low End Theory? cuz I love both equally I think.

WEASEL45
02-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Cormega- The True Meaning
UGK- Riding Dirty
Method Man- Tical 0 the prequel
Lil Flip- Underground Legend

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Cormega- The True Meaning
UGK- Riding Dirty
Method Man- Tical 0 the prequel
Lil Flip- Underground Legend

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

Megaveli is sick.

mcteecho
02-18-2005, 02:20 PM
I second the Blackalicious and Brother Ali recommendations. And don't forget good old school - Slick Rick, Schooly D, Special Ed, EPMD (mid school).

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice! That ablum is hot.

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:26 PM
C. Rayz Walz, Ravipops

Masta Ace, Disposable Arts (maybe this is too well-known, in that case sorry)

The Game, Untold Story (better than The Documentary)

Ill Bill, What's Wrong With Bill

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
MF Doom is horrible & massively overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, at least for now. I don't see why so many people are creaming their pants...yet.

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
god loves ugly is a very good album.

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]

You also think Canibus is something special which makes me laugh really hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Canibus is a fvcking weirdo but he IS something special.

MrFeelNothin
02-18-2005, 02:34 PM
Heiruspecs- Small Steps
Sage Francis- Personal Journals
Brother Ali- Shadows On The Sun

This thread is really long, so I'm assuming the second two have been said. You should check out Heiruspecs though, not well known but very good.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
MF Doom is horrible & massively overrated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, at least for now. I don't see why so many people are creaming their pants...yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

and i ask you too...how much kmd have you listened to?

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
I don't know that persona. I've just listened to the Madvillain and MFDoom personas. Don't really like them at this point.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't know that persona. I've just listened to the Madvillain and MFDoom personas. Don't really like them at this point.

[/ QUOTE ]

"that persona"????? i might cry. please, do yourself a favor and listen to kmd.

are you also ignorant of the bdp "persona" of krs-one? lol

nothumb
02-18-2005, 02:47 PM
Who said anything about positive messages, I said I thought he was wack. 'Nigganometry' might be a halfway interesting idea (i.e. 'let's appropriate a bunch of vague concepts from NoI/5% numerology into some awkward rhymes) but I didn't think it was a good track. I'll look at some of those other songs you mentioned. Like I said, I don't know if he's always bad or not, and he says some really wild stuff, but I get bored with him just being 'raw' without substance. So I'll listen to that stuff for you if you promise not to sic the real rap police on me.

NT

Awesemo
02-18-2005, 02:52 PM
I'd recommend Deltron 3030, it's the best rap album of the new millenium IMO. If you didn't know, it's a group of Del, Kid Koala, and Dan the Automator, and it's a concept album about a dystopic future.

nothumb
02-18-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Deltron 3030

[/ QUOTE ]

I kind of missed what was so awesome about this album. It was okay but people talk about it like it was the best thing since sliced bread. I guess I'm the hip hop nit today, I don't like anything. Sorry.

NT

fnord_too
02-18-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you like that better than Low End Theory? cuz I love both equally I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must bear the shame of telling you I don't have Low End Theory yet. I only have "Peoples Instinctive Travels and Paths of Rythm" and "Midnight Marauders". I bought these before the days of Amazon, et al (and the only two Tribe CDs I found were <---) and have since gotten old and don't buy music much any more. Now that I am filling up my ipod, I have a feeling I will be going on a CD buying binge and buying all the things on my extremely long "need to buy" list.

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, i have no idea who/what bdp is.
but anyway...ok, i'll check out kmd. why not? i might like it.

nothumb
02-18-2005, 03:01 PM
Yeah, I think Low End > Marauders. Close though. Definitely get that.

NT

mcteecho
02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I thought it was crappy, too.

Get Kool Keith qua Dr. Octagon.

solid
02-18-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Please check out "Criminal Minded" while you're checking out KMD.

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha. Please check out "Criminal Minded" while you're checking out KMD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Alright, thanks for the tip.

Soul Daddy
02-18-2005, 03:43 PM
The Cactus Album - 3rd Bass
'Til Death Do Us Part - Geto Boys
4th Dimensional Rocketships Going Up - Gift of Gab

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend Deltron 3030, it's the best rap album of the new millenium IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

not even anywhere remotely close.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but anyway...ok, i'll check out kmd. why not? i might like it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Boogie Down Productions. Never heard of them?

[ QUOTE ]
I'll listen to that stuff for you if you promise not to sic the real rap police on me.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll agree not to sic the rap police on me if you quit being such a herb. Aren't you the dude that said "gangsta-isms" in one of your posts? If you can't feel Nigganometry than I doubt you'll feel any other Canibus music.

MrFeelNothin
02-18-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd recommend Deltron 3030, it's the best rap album of the new millenium IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far, but I did like it unlike nothumb and all these other hatahs. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

While you're with Dan the Automator, check out...
Handsome Boy Modeling School- So...Hows Your Girl
Probably my favorite rap/hip-hop album, I forgot to include it in my previous post.
HBMS has a newer album as well but I haven't yet checked it out. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Jack of Arcades
02-18-2005, 04:19 PM
All this "nerd rap" hate is idiotc. C'mon, you can come up with better criticisms than "pussy emo" can't you?

I mean, I run the gambit of everything from God Loves Ugly and Personal journals to Illmatic and Quality. Whatever. I like [censored] if it has sick beats and/or awesome lyrics and if I'm going to criticize a rapper or song it's based on that.

Have you heard the new Sage? He really outdid himself lyrically, some of the tightest flow I've heard in a long time.

bogey
02-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

KANYE WEST - COLLEGE DROPOUT, its a shame nobody seems to give this album its props

[/ QUOTE ]

what do you mean no one give it props? didnt it win a grammy and was one of the best selling albums of the year?

Awesemo
02-18-2005, 04:52 PM
just because it hasn't been mentioned yet, i'd like to mention 2pac - All Eyez on Me. It's a double album and most songs are great, and the rest are good. A rap collection isn't complete without it.

Soul Daddy
02-18-2005, 05:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
just because it hasn't been mentioned yet, i'd like to mention 2pac - All Eyez on Me. It's a double album and most songs are great, and the rest are good. A rap collection isn't complete without it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me Against the World is infinitely better.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 05:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
All this "nerd rap" hate is idiotc. C'mon, you can come up with better criticisms than "pussy emo" can't you?

I mean, I run the gambit of everything from God Loves Ugly and Personal journals to Illmatic and Quality. Whatever. I like [censored] if it has sick beats and/or awesome lyrics and if I'm going to criticize a rapper or song it's based on that.

Have you heard the new Sage? He really outdid himself lyrically, some of the tightest flow I've heard in a long time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not hating on anybody. I just don't like nerd rap. And I never called it pussy rap.

I also don't listen to Sage. Not my type of music. I'm gonna bump some 50 Cent. Holler.

Bobby Digital
02-18-2005, 05:33 PM
With the list of what you like I can't see you feeling Doom, Deltron, Atmos, Kool Kieth, etc.

Safe picks: Big L, Mobb Deep, some Wu solos, GangStarr, The Game

You could also try(some of my personal favorites): Brother Ali-Shadwos on the Sun, Brother Ali-Champion EP, Binary Star- Masterers of the UniVerse, MF Doom-Operation Doomsday, Company Flow-Funcrusher Plus.

ilya
02-18-2005, 05:49 PM
Well, I've Amazoned "Criminal Minded" so I guess at this point I've heard of them. I wasn't impressed by the 30-second sound clips.

lucas9000
02-18-2005, 05:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I've Amazoned "Criminal Minded" so I guess at this point I've heard of them. I wasn't impressed by the 30-second sound clips.

[/ QUOTE ]

you are never allowed to talk about hip hop again.

a) you'd never heard of bdp, or kmd before today.

b) you had to search amazon to find out anything about "criminal minded"

c) you judged "criminal minded" based on the 30 second clips on amazon

seriously, never talk about hip hop again.

siccjay
02-18-2005, 06:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
canibus makes garbage music.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats just silly. While I believe he has released some weak [censored], to say he makes garbage music is crazy.

siccjay
02-18-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I would suggest checking out:

Dayton Family - FBI

UGK - Riding Dirty

two great albums

[/ QUOTE ]

Good taste.

bdk3clash
02-18-2005, 06:53 PM
Ultramagnetic MCs-Critical Beatdown
Dr. Octagon-Dr. Octagonecologist
Wu Tang Clan-Enter the 36 Chambers
DJ Shadow-Endtroducing
DJ Q-Bert-Wave Twisters

dr. klopek
02-18-2005, 07:08 PM
Syk-

I dare you to talk about hip-hop without insulting anybody.

Canibus-A whole mess of wasted talent.

recommendation-"making perfect sense" by the Grouch.

Sadat X
02-18-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

A very enthusiastic second.

ilya
02-18-2005, 07:34 PM
oh shut up. don't be such a stuck-up sourpuss snob.

nothumb
02-19-2005, 03:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'll agree not to sic the rap police on me if you quit being such a herb.

[/ QUOTE ]

Does the fact that I realize an internet forum full of 23 year old white kids isn't an authoritative source on hip hop culture make me a 'herb'? Cause if that's the case you're SOL, that's not gonna change. I've been trying to simply express my opinions and listen to others', if that makes me a herb too, oh well.

Again, I couldn't feel nigganometry, I thought it was awkward and contrived and I didn't really enjoy it. I was too busy out drinking with all my white friends to download any of his music, hopefully I'll get around to it.

Seriously dude, chill out.

NT

nothumb
02-19-2005, 03:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
but I did like it unlike nothumb and all these other hatahs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh snap, I am getting called all kinds of H-words today.

I said it was okay. I definitely enjoyed it, I just wouldn't come even close to call it the best rap album of the new millenium, or even of the year it came out, whichever year that was. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

HBMS is a lot of fun, I enjoyed that album. It also introduced me to Encore, who I had never heard.

NT

captZEEbo1
02-19-2005, 04:18 AM
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner
Streets - A Grand Don't Come For Free (heavy British accent)

ilya
02-19-2005, 04:47 AM
I like them both but don't you think Original Pirate Material is the better album?

Wakko
02-19-2005, 08:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Try Pharcyde. Bizarre Ride II is an awesome album.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so glad to see someone recommended this before I could.

captZEEbo1
02-19-2005, 08:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like them both but don't you think Original Pirate Material is the better album?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I've just really been into A Grand Don't Come for Free lately /images/graemlins/smile.gif (also haven't listened to Original Pirate Material in over a year, as I don't have instant access to it anymore.

Jack of Arcades
02-19-2005, 10:13 AM
How about you just try it. It's not going to kill you. It's 45 minutes long. You might enjoy it. I just don't like all this closed-minded crap.

In return, I'll try whatever you want me to, doesn't matter what you recommend.

ThaSaltCracka
02-19-2005, 01:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably, but I've just really been into A Grand Don't Come for Free lately /images/graemlins/smile.gif (also haven't listened to Original Pirate Material in over a year, as I don't have instant access to it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Streets [censored] sucks.

Jack of Arcades
02-19-2005, 02:12 PM
There's something I agree with.

ThaSaltCracka
02-19-2005, 02:14 PM
his [censored] is horid, so is Dizzie Rascal's. I think the only people that like both of them are stupid hipster white people.

Just horrible music.

Jack of Arcades
02-19-2005, 02:16 PM
I do like some of Dizzee's stuff.. "Fix Up Look Sharp" in particular. I can't really comment on the rest because I haven't really giving it much listen, but he's just meh to me.

ilya
02-19-2005, 02:46 PM
I don't like Dizzie Rascal. You're horribly wrong about The Steets though.

nothumb
02-19-2005, 03:21 PM
We used to listen to Original Pirate Material at work. It took a long time but it did grow on me. Beats are still too laptoppy for my taste though.

NT

StevieG
02-19-2005, 04:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Eric B and Rakim - Follow the Leader

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

Listening to "Let the Rhythm Hit Em" as I write this

ThaSaltCracka
02-19-2005, 07:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You're horribly wrong about The Steets though.

[/ QUOTE ]no I am not, he is horrible.

bisonbison
02-19-2005, 07:27 PM

mos def - black on both sides
blackstar - blackstar
outkast - ATLiens/Aquemeni

There's a reason you and I get along.

Anyway, Atmosphere isn't nerd rap, it's emo-rap.

I don't care if Atmosphere can put a line together - it adds up to whiny [censored] and crappy manifestos of earnestness. IF I WAS SANTA CLAUS I WOULD FIGHT FOR THE CAUSE.

It's not deep, it's not danceable, it's not fun or funny, there's no hook to the music and the guy's got a mediocre voice. It's not hip-hop, and it's barely rap. It's spoken-word livejournal vomit.

ThaSaltCracka
02-19-2005, 07:29 PM
haha, Bison nice assesment. I have some Atmosphere, and other than Trying to Find a Balance, I don't like any of his stuff.

Jack of Arcades
02-19-2005, 07:44 PM
See, I appreciate posts like this. Tear apart the actual content of songs and dismiss an artist based on merits rather than some lame classification.

Kanye and Mos both get mehs from me. College Dropout was too long to me, with too many skits and too many guest spots. Mos Def... I just can't get into it.

ThaSaltCracka
02-19-2005, 07:47 PM
Mos Defs new album is sort of a concept album, but everything before that is ill.

Any heads, check out the new Beatnuts CD Milk Me , its ill.

bisonbison
02-19-2005, 08:01 PM
If you wanna see if you can like Mos Def, you should find Black Star's album. I'm not big into Talib Kweli's solo stuff (i don't know why, I love a lot of his individual songs), and Mos's stuff is inconsistent and can be pretty preachy, but they balance each other out really well - Talib knows how to write a single that sticks in your head, and Mos knows how to make an album cohere.

Jack of Arcades
02-19-2005, 08:08 PM
Agreed, I really liked it and need to get it again. I really really like Reflection Eternal/Train of Thought and like Quality to a lesser extent.

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry nothumb, but after using the word "gangsta-isms" your opinion is worthless.

bisonbison
02-19-2005, 08:40 PM
...seriously, never talk about hip hop again.

You're an incredible ass.

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 08:46 PM
Bison, since you didn't answer either of my PMs, I'll ask you here. Did you or do you ever feel like making a SH set of Rules for Poker Tracker? Thanks.

bisonbison
02-19-2005, 08:52 PM
if you read the entire notes on notes thread you'll see why I didn't respond.

Also: no.

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Obviously I had no idea about the thread.

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 08:57 PM
Random songs for your enjoyment. Sorry about the lack of nerdrap.

Masta Ace - Acknowledge (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/acknowledge.m3u)
iLL BiLL - Alien Workshop (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/alien_workshop.m3u)
Outerspace - Angels Of Death (Feat. Immortal Technique) (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/angels_of_death.m3u)
Tech N9ne - Be Warned (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/be_warned.m3u)
Eminem - Biterphobia (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/biterphobia.m3u)
Wrekonize - Crawl Before You Walk (Feat. Serum) (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/crawl_before_you_walk.m3u)
Tonedeff - Detonator (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/detonator.m3u)
High And Mighty - Dirty Decibels (Feat. Pharoahe Monch) (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/dirty_decibels.m3u)
Juice - In The Trenches (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/in_the_trenches.m3u)
Vishiss - Killing Spree (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/killing_spree.m3u)
warbux - Lazy As Fudge (Feat. Ill Chris) (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/lazy_as_fuck.m3u)
Scram Jones - Liquid Heat (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/liquid_heat.m3u)
Godfather Don - Live & Let Die (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/live_and_let_die.m3u)
Saigon - Misteeq (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/misteeq.m3u)
Frankie Riptide - Off Wit His Head (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/off_wit_his_head.m3u)
Craig G - Ready Set Begin (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/ready_set_begin.m3u)
Brother Ali - Self Taught (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/self_taught.m3u)
Saigon - Stocking Cap (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/stalking_cap.m3u)
Okwerdz - Stick And Move (Feat. Xover, Calliz, Ex I, Stratus & Rochus) (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/stick_and_move.m3u)
50 Cent - Too Hot (Feat Nature & Nas) (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/too_hot.m3u)
Jus Allah - White Nightmare (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/white_nightmare.m3u)
Brother Ali - Self Taught (http://www.spitflames.com/audio/streams/who_knows.m3u)

solid
02-19-2005, 09:14 PM
If you consider the fact that Okwerdz is basically an internet rapper, it's hard to say his stuff's not nerd rap.

Oh, and although I doubt the original poster is still reading this thread, he should pick up any and all Cormega CD's he can find: "True Meaning," "The Realness," and coming out on Tuesday, "The Testament"

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 09:19 PM
If by internet rapper you mean does shows, records with Tech N9ne, Juice, Chino XL & Kool G Rap than I'd agree.

You obviously don't know what a nerd rapper is either.

dr. klopek
02-19-2005, 10:16 PM
Bison-
Have you ever heard HAIKU D'ETAT?

judgesmails
02-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Best Canadian rap group ever.

solid
02-19-2005, 10:46 PM
No by internet rapper I meant performs at Skribble Jam and relies solely on the internet to get his name out. Are you saying Okwerdz is in any way similar to G Rap? Haha.

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No by internet rapper I meant performs at Skribble Jam and relies solely on the internet to get his name out. Are you saying Okwerdz is in any way similar to G Rap? Haha.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wtf? Yeah, because performing at Scribble Jam has anything to do with the Internet? Jesus. No I'm not saying he sounds like G Rap, what the hell? What I'm saying he records with G Rap & you must've been kicked in the head by a farm animal as a young child.

solid
02-19-2005, 11:46 PM
Sage performed with Wu Tang. What's your point? You're making a ridiculous argument here.

Vince Young
02-19-2005, 11:48 PM
Yeah Sage is definitely an Internet rapper...

-Syk-
02-19-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sage performed with Wu Tang. What's your point? You're making a ridiculous argument here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. You are an idiot. An internet rapper is someone who records on a computer mic and posts their stuff around message boards and collabs with other netcees. Not someone who only battles live and records with real artists. I don't even know why you brought up anything about him, the song is good you duncecap.

ThaSaltCracka
02-20-2005, 01:36 AM
Sage sucks

Jack of Arcades
02-20-2005, 01:38 AM
No way.

dr. klopek
02-20-2005, 01:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sage sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend, you are ill-informed.

ThaSaltCracka
02-20-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sage sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

My friend, you are ill-informed.

[/ QUOTE ]
no....... well he is better than Atmosphere. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 03:15 AM
Sage does suck. Stupid emo nerd rap poet & mediocre battler.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 03:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry nothumb, but after using the word "gangsta-isms" your opinion is worthless.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, I am drunk and searching for a word to describe a guy's verse and it renders me completely useless for all eternity.

That's a good idea, once you run out of actual arguments just bring up one thing somebody said like 4 months ago in passing and denounce everything they say based on that.

It's okay, player.

NT

nothumb
02-20-2005, 03:37 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Sage sucks

[/ QUOTE ]

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 03:38 AM
lol @ 4 months. I don't think so. And how am I running out of actual arguments? I thought you were supposed to check out Canibus' other tracks which you won't like.

I took a lion on tour with me
Made him respect authority
Smacked him in the head for tryna roar at me
Lyrics got my undivided loyalty
And there aint nothin' on this God damn planet that's worth more to me
In the name of hip hop niggas could corner me
Torture me, slice me then stitch me up like embroidery

If you don't like that you won't like anything else of his. Especially if you didn't like Nigganometry.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 03:44 AM
You're right, it might have been four days ago, I've been out living my life and I'm not enough of a nit to go look it up. How long ago was it? I know you checked.

Seriously, I told you why I didn't like the song, and you responded by saying my opinion is worthless. I figure mine is worth at least as much as any other internet troll, and maybe more since I'm not a total dick every time I open my mouth on the subject.

NT

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 03:53 AM
Yes. I'm such a nit because I reminded you that it's your turn in the argument after you accused me of not having any valid opinions. Are you done bitching? I'm sorry I told you your opinion is worthless.. Maybe next time I'll have some 'gangsta-isms' for you.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 04:09 AM
Ok. We'll recap. Because I'm drunk and confrontational.

You said:

[ QUOTE ]
I'll agree not to sic the rap police on me if you quit being such a herb. Aren't you the dude that said "gangsta-isms" in one of your posts? If you can't feel Nigganometry than I doubt you'll feel any other Canibus music.

[/ QUOTE ]

(In other words, you told me I say stupid things, and that I'm wrong for not liking the song, and I won't like his other music. This was after I said I would check it out, but I wasn't enthusiastic about what I had heard.)

Then I said:

[ QUOTE ]
Does the fact that I realize an internet forum full of 23 year old white kids isn't an authoritative source on hip hop culture make me a 'herb'? Cause if that's the case you're SOL, that's not gonna change. I've been trying to simply express my opinions and listen to others', if that makes me a herb too, oh well.

Again, I couldn't feel nigganometry, I thought it was awkward and contrived and I didn't really enjoy it. I was too busy out drinking with all my white friends to download any of his music, hopefully I'll get around to it.

Seriously dude, chill out.

[/ QUOTE ]

(In short, telling you again why I didn't like the song, and asking you not to be a jerk to me when I just expressed my opinion.)

Then you said,

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

In effect telling me that you don't care about my reticence to endorse Canibus, being nasty again after I asked you to be nice.

Then I said,

[ QUOTE ]
Jesus, I am drunk and searching for a word to describe a guy's verse and it renders me completely useless for all eternity.

That's a good idea, once you run out of actual arguments just bring up one thing somebody said like 4 months ago in passing and denounce everything they say based on that.

It's okay, player.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

Because you were just pointlessly nasty after I encouraged you to stop being a dick, I assumed you didn't want to make any more arguments about the merits of the song.

[ QUOTE ]
lol @ 4 months. I don't think so. And how am I running out of actual arguments? I thought you were supposed to check out Canibus' other tracks which you won't like.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was the part where you checked how long ago that other thread was to find some nitty detail to make fun of me about. Also, you quoted the same verse again, and said I was supposed to download a bunch of music I probably wouldn't like. Maybe you being such a douche had something to do with me taking my time at that.

[ QUOTE ]
You're right, it might have been four days ago, I've been out living my life and I'm not enough of a nit to go look it up. How long ago was it? I know you checked.

Seriously, I told you why I didn't like the song, and you responded by saying my opinion is worthless. I figure mine is worth at least as much as any other internet troll, and maybe more since I'm not a total dick every time I open my mouth on the subject.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part where my frustration and anger boiled over a bit.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes. I'm such a nit because I reminded you that it's your turn in the argument after you accused me of not having any valid opinions. Are you done bitching? I'm sorry I told you your opinion is worthless.. Maybe next time I'll have some 'gangsta-isms' for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the part where you mistakenly attributed my characterization of you as a 'nit' to your polite prompt that I was supposed to listen to some songs, when I was clearly referring to you picking on my guesstimation on the date of the last thread and refusing to back down from the dickhead podium.

Seriously, I don't see why you have to be so hostile. I like a lot of the music you have posted here. We both dislike several of the same artists. But you simply cannot let it go that some people manage to enjoy rap music without knowing all the minute details that you have invested considerable effort in memorizing, and without having hateful opinions about a wide swath of artists and their fans.

But again, that's cool, if it's all you have to cling to, so be it. I'll just keep needling you and drinking Bud Light and saying Biggie is the greatest rapper of all time.

NT

bisonbison
02-20-2005, 04:26 AM
Can someone who likes Sage recommend me some tracks to listen to?

I have:

Sage Francis - (Unreleased Live Tracks)
Sage Francis - Climb Trees EP
Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot EP, The
Sage Francis - Personal Journals
Sage Francis - Sick of Waging War
Sage Francis - Sick of Waiting
Sage Francis - Sick of Waiting Tables
Sage Francis - Still Sick, Urine Trouble

Honestly, I'll give it a listen, and I do think Sage is more listenable than Atmosphere, but give me a hand.

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 04:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
(In other words, you told me I say stupid things, and that I'm wrong for not liking the song, and I won't like his other music. This was after I said I would check it out, but I wasn't enthusiastic about what I had heard.)

[/ QUOTE ]

No. In other words, I was telling you that you're a dumbass for saying a word like "gangsta-isms" & if you didn't like Nigganometry you most likely won't feel any of his other music.

[ QUOTE ]
In effect telling me that you don't care about my reticence to endorse Canibus, being nasty again after I asked you to be nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. I'm telling you that you sounded like an idiot saying the word "gangsta-isms."

[ QUOTE ]
This was the part where you checked how long ago that other thread was to find some nitty detail to make fun of me about.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. That was the part where I used my concept of time I have built into my brain and realized you're about 3 months off. Regardless of why you didn't download the music you said you would, the ball is in your court. You're telling me I'm bringing up useless arguments, and I'm telling you I was waiting on your reponse of the Canibus songs.

Quit being a dunce. Just stop responding please.

[ QUOTE ]
Can someone who likes Sage recommend me some tracks to listen to?

I have:

Sage Francis - (Unreleased Live Tracks)
Sage Francis - Climb Trees EP
Sage Francis - Makeshift Patriot EP, The
Sage Francis - Personal Journals
Sage Francis - Sick of Waging War
Sage Francis - Sick of Waiting
Sage Francis - Sick of Waiting Tables
Sage Francis - Still Sick, Urine Trouble

Honestly, I'll give it a listen, and I do think Sage is more listenable than Atmosphere, but give me a hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Tolerance Level is a good song. Has some sick lines in there.

"I date women who got more to get off of their mind than wet T shirts"

nothumb
02-20-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No. I'm telling you that you sounded like an idiot saying the word "gangsta-isms."

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, that is clearly the literal meaning of your sentence. But by ignoring the meat of my post and simply repeating this golden nugget of truth, that I once used a makeshift word you deem hilariously out of touch with proper hip-hop criticism (and one I don't really care to defend, but Jesus) I took it to mean, "I don't care what you say because you said gangstaisms." I think this is a reasonable interpretation given the sequence of events.

[ QUOTE ]
You're telling me I'm bringing up useless arguments, and I'm telling you I was waiting on your reponse of the Canibus songs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you care if I download them? You don't think my opinion matters and you think I won't like them. You just want me to post to that effect so you can bring up 'gangstaisms' again. You're a savage.

[ QUOTE ]
Quit being a dunce. Just stop responding please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm trying to help you. I think you need some help. You have anger management issues. I should know, I'm sort of like a social worker, but without a degree or the commensurate compensation.

I love it when you call me Big Poppa,

NT

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 04:37 AM
I think you really need to quit talking like an idiot. When I read your posts I imagine a snobby British man talking.

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you care if I download them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't. Don't you get this? I only brought them up because you were asking me if I had anything relevant to say in the argument.. and I was telling you I said the last relevant thing in the debate.. which were the Bis songs. So I was waiting for you to keep going. But I do not care anymore.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I only brought them up because you were asking me if I had anything relevant to say in the argument..

[/ QUOTE ]

You're getting it all out of order. In my original post where I said I didn't like him, I said I would like to hear tracks that might change my mind. Because I have something known as an open mind. Most of the time. Then you responded by saying why you liked Nigganometry, then I responded again by saying why I didn't. Then the above sequence got started and we ended up here.

[ QUOTE ]
I think you really need to quit talking like an idiot. When I read your posts I imagine a snobby British man talking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what you mean. I use good grammar, express my thoughts clearly, refer to previous statements, etc. This is that anger we were talking about.

BTW I am an American hillbilly, I drive a pickup truck and wear a Boston Red Sox hat that is older than dirt and I have a bit of a beer gut that I can conceal if I stand up straight and kind of pull my shoulders back. If that helps you visualize.

NT

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 04:46 AM
Ugh.. I'm done with this. Go do some crunches.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 04:48 AM
Funny, I was actually doing some curls with my left arm while drinking with my right.

If you've got big arms, you can fold them over your chest and chicks don't care about the beer gut. Also, I can't educate you and do crunches simultaneously.

NT

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 06:04 AM
Educating me? Hehe, keep drinking.

nothumb
02-20-2005, 06:19 AM
I teach life skills bro. You obviously know everything about rap, I'm just trying to help you branch out, maybe go outside some time.

NT

siccjay
02-20-2005, 06:21 AM
nice, I DLed all of them. I hadn't heard any of them except for the Tech N9ne and the 50 cent track.

Do these work for people without iTunes though?

nothumb
02-20-2005, 06:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do these work for people without iTunes though?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

If this was Plato's allegory of the cave I would still be in the dark, in some chains and [censored].

NT

-Syk-
02-20-2005, 08:41 AM
.m3u's stream for me in Winamp. If they don't automatically stream for you, open Winamp, click in the playlist box and hit "ctrl+L" and paste in the link. Then right click the song and go to "View File Info" and the .mp3 link is up top. Now you can DL. Enjoy.

Jack of Arcades
02-20-2005, 11:26 AM
Bison,

My love for Sage comes almost exclusively from his two latest releases:

Non-Prophets - Hope
Sage Francis - A Healthy Distrust

Both of which I have listened to repeatedly for the last couple of weeks.

The ones you listed never interested me much. I find most if it at best uninteresting, at worst unlistenable.

But Hope and A Healthy Distrust are amazing.