PDA

View Full Version : turn play help needed

pittisit
02-18-2005, 05:13 AM
ive recently had alot of trouble with hands when i was bet into on the turn after betting or raising the flop. Here are 2 hands that iam not sure what would be the correct way to play them....

1/2 NL hero $230
AQo LP folded to me i call (please ignore this for now, all could be avoided with raise)

Button calls
sb completes
bb chks

flop Qs 10s 4h
BB (80) bets $7
hero raises to $20
Buton folds sb folds
BB calls
pot $48

turn 9h
BB bets $20

i really suspected rigth here that i was beat..but really didnt want to give up the pot that easily. i call not really knowing what i want to see on the river but some kind of scare card to slow him down.
dont have a real read on BB, havent played with him before and hasnt been here long but i have gotten the feeling that he has overplayed some marginal hands.

river is 5h and BB instantly moves in for his remaining $45 ok that didnt work...fold

IS it ok to consistantly fold to the turn bet in this spot. seems like id be giving alittle to much up. i dont like raising because it seems like way to much money to find out where iam at is this hand

50 1 NL
hero $90
BB $100

i make it $5 to go with AK MP
BB good tricky player calls
pot $13

flop 7d8hAh
BB chks
hero bets $10 bb calls

turn 7c

bb bets $25
i call
river ofsuit rag
BB moves in
i fold

Is my turn play to weak here, should i raisehere. for somereason i thought he was on a draw but just called hoping to once again slow him down..

warlockjd
02-18-2005, 06:45 AM
I've only read as far as the turn bet. I see this play ALL the time.

90% of the time it is a blocking bet on Party $100 NL 6max. It means he is on a draw or just picked one up.

Draw being flush, straight, or 2nd/3rd pr.

I think this is a raise or fold situation and my vote is raise.

Watch out if the player is tricky tho.