PDA

View Full Version : Tilt Monster and his big brother appear

Mike
02-18-2005, 04:46 AM
I saw some serious tilt action tonight. I haven't seen this happen in a few years at least. There was some priming going on before this round, but I think this was too big of a job for just one tilt monster, he had to have had help.

In one round of $4-8, I watched one player go through three racks, a second player throw his AA almost across the table because his pair was beaten by K4, and a third player blow off about $200.00 of his $300.00 stack because his big two pairs were cracked by garbage.

Real quiet table after that action....and the floor showing up.

IsaacW
02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
One round as in ten hands?! Wow. Did you get any of that action?

onegymrat
02-18-2005, 03:47 PM
The tilt monster always destroys one, but gives to another. Who did the tilt monster work for?

Mike
02-19-2005, 12:46 AM
Sure did, that one round took me from whiner to happy winner when 19 BB fell into my stack!

The betting would be two away from the tilter and he would be counting out chips to reraise with if it wasn't capped yet.

A thing to be careful of when this happens is it turns off almost as fast as it turns on. If you get caught up and lose a hand or two, it takes a long time to get back to even.

Mike
02-19-2005, 01:03 AM
I am trying to figure that out myself. There were two very good players sitting next to each other. Two very loose players who also can hold their own at almost any table and then I sit down, and I confess I am a tad loose myself lately.

They had been arguing between the four of them before this happened for about forty minutes. The two loose players were sucking out, and the two TAG's were mad that their big pairs were getting cracked and there were some opinions being shared quietly but loudly enough the 'opposition' could hear them.

Then when tilter sat down he was pretty agressive himself and he added to the pressure on the two TAG's, and I think they cracked. They forgot why they were at the table and started playing table police by trying to punish the loose players with raises.

That was really lame because to a loose player a playable hand is a playable hand and a raise just makes a bigger pot if they hit. It was like gasoline on a fire for that one round. Then it became a little too loud and serious, the floor showed up and the party stopped.

In the end I think it was the polar disparity of the strongest players at the table. The TAG's took further agression as more poor play and they tilted in deciding to punish everyone and show how good play prevails.