PDA

View Full Version : Swallowing Gum

Tron
02-18-2005, 04:40 AM
Is it actually bad for you? 'Cause I do it all the time.

peachy
02-18-2005, 04:42 AM
No not really, but if it didnt pass thru ur stomach it would take 7yrs to digest!! U would swallow worse things - quarters, etc and they pass thru just fine! No worries!

daveymck
02-18-2005, 04:43 AM
Me too for the lat 15 years, as yet my insides have not stuck together, however I havent been for a crap for the last five years.

AngryCola
02-18-2005, 04:43 AM
Yuck.

I would never do it on purpose.
I've probably only swallowed gum a couple of times when I was very young.
Even then, it was an accident.

I'm sure someone on here knows whether it's bad for you or not. But I'm guessing it's not good for you.

Eurotrash
02-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Never on purpose, I don't think.. I've always had a fear that it would stick to my esophagus or something and I'd choke.

Tron
02-18-2005, 04:45 AM
Well yeah, I never figured it would actually be good for me, it's just sort of a habit... I just want to know if it's going to plug up my abdominal sphincter or something equally bad.

daveymck
02-18-2005, 06:16 AM
In our culture of sueing everyone in sight do you think they would be selling gum if it did anything bad to you if swallowed.

No doubt someone will be along with a link in a minute that proves otherwise and means I am going to die very shortly.

Evan
02-18-2005, 06:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
U would swallow worse things - quarters

[/ QUOTE ]
What the fu[/i]ck are you talking about? I don't swallow quarters, or even put them in any situation that could inadvertantly result in swallowing them.

BreakEvenPlayer
02-18-2005, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What the fu[/i]ck are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, jump all over the guy. I think he meant that you "could" swallow worse things than gum and they would still go through your system.

Lazymeatball
02-18-2005, 10:01 AM
dogs swallow many worse things than gum, and they pass through all the time. Gum won't kill you. I wouldn't do it everyday, but even then it probably wouldn't kill you.

ilya
02-18-2005, 02:00 PM
Well, you run a small risk of suffocating like that Italian footballer. Sure it's a small risk but it's not really worth it is it?

IsaacW
02-18-2005, 02:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Me too for the lat 15 years, as yet my insides have not stuck together, however I havent been for a crap for the last five years.

[/ QUOTE ]
Bonus!

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Freakin
02-18-2005, 02:40 PM
On Snopes..... (http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/chewgum.asp)

peachy
02-18-2005, 02:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
U would swallow worse things - quarters

[/ QUOTE ]
What the fu[/i]ck are you talking about? I don't swallow quarters, or even put them in any situation that could inadvertantly result in swallowing them.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahaha u TARD!!! its not like i do it for fun!!! Im saying people have swallowed WORSE!!!

peachy
02-18-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What the fu[/i]ck are you talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, jump all over the guy. I think he meant that you "could" swallow worse things than gum and they would still go through your system.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah its OK!! hes a SEMI friend, and im not a GUY!! im a GIRL!