PDA

View Full Version : My right eye is burning

Dead
02-18-2005, 03:32 AM
My right eye is burning

No I'm not trying to be witty with that remark.

I wear soft contacts for my near sightedness. About 3 days ago, my right eye started to burn. It hurt so much.

I took my contacts out and put on the glasses and it stopped.I cut down on the amount of time I wear them from 14 hours a day to 10.

I took them out 2 hours ago and my right eye is burning again. It doesn't look bloodshot, but I'm worried.

What should I do?

Those with contacts experience please feel free to chime in, as well as any others who want to.

ThaSaltCracka
02-18-2005, 03:34 AM
maybe someone......naw, I won't say it...to easy.

Dead
02-18-2005, 03:35 AM
No, that didn't happen. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:36 AM
Dude, are you kidding? Go see an eye doctor for chrissakes. This does not sound like something you should just ignore. FWIW I've worn glasses/contacts for 18 years and I've never experienced what you're describing.

Dead
02-18-2005, 03:38 AM
Nah I'm not joking.

I have Fridays off. I am a college student. I think I'll goto the campus health center later today and see a nurse practicioner. I don't want to have permanent damage. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Sponger15SB
02-18-2005, 03:39 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I came into this thread only to make sure someone made the joke.

However yes, it is just too easy.

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Good plan. Good luck.

Popinjay
02-18-2005, 03:40 AM
Clean your contacts

Dead
02-18-2005, 03:41 AM
I could be way off, but maybe it's conjuctivitis?

Just a guess. College kids sometimes get it(close living in dorms, etc.).

Edit: I forgot that's usually painless.

Dead
02-18-2005, 03:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Clean your contacts

[/ QUOTE ]
I soak them in that opti free express every night before I put them in.

My eye hurts without the contact in as well.

mmbt0ne
02-18-2005, 03:50 AM
You have 453 posts in 11 days. Maybe this is your eye's way of telling you that it doesn't like the computer screen that much?

Dead
02-18-2005, 03:54 AM
It has to like it, because I have to spend about 3-4 hours each day doing homework on it. Never had a problem before.

Refresh rate is 85hz.

mmbt0ne
02-18-2005, 04:03 AM
hmmmm, I have no idea. Hopefully it's nothing major.

ThaSaltCracka
02-18-2005, 04:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, this is like when you posted that pic of you tweaking. I mean, way to easy. I was actually expecting one of the dumber OOT posters (you guys know who you are....) to make the joke.

Shillx
02-18-2005, 04:30 AM
I leave my contacts in for months on end with no problem. When they begin to irrritate me I take um out and change um up. You will know when you get pink eye. A lightning bug will look like a nuclear blast. But that [censored] is curable real quick so I might go to the doc and check it out. Can't hurt can it? You don't want to goto your high school prom with glasses on now do you? /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Brad

smudgex68
02-18-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Go see an eye doctor for chrissakes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes - sounds like conjunctivitis. If you can't see the eye doctor try an ophthalmologist as an alternative.

7ontheline
02-18-2005, 12:35 PM
Go see an ophthalmologist. If you have to, go to your student center (I know insurance and physician availability are a big pain sometimes) but get your butt to an ophthalmologist as soon as you can if you're in that much pain.

I am an ophthalmologist, so believe me when I tell you that I have seen GOD-AWFUL infections in people who wear contacts. Don't wait - there are bacteria that will chew up the surface of your eye in 24 hours when they get going.

-Syk-
02-18-2005, 01:10 PM
Dang, just reading my this made my eyes water.

OrangeHeat
02-18-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
pink eye

[/ QUOTE ]

deacsoft
02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
There's a new hybrid form of SARS that attacks the genitals. How could that affect/infect your eye you may be asking. Well, I'll tell you. The stran of Genital SARS will mutate if the infected person is not having sex. The Genital SARS wants to spread. If it is not getting the chance to spread through sexual contact it mutates and spreads to the infected persons face. This is known as Genital SARS of the Face. It's probably what you have. There's no need to get it checked out because there's no cure and the nurses and doctors will probably just laugh at you. The only thing you can do is to try to pass it on to someone else or wait for the Genital SARS of the Face to mutate again. Eventually it will grow wings and leave the current host once again becoming an airborne virus. Hope things work out for you.

Cheers,

deacsoft

7ontheline
02-18-2005, 02:38 PM
As a physician, I think spreading this kind of misinformation is reprehensible. Besides, it's not genital SARS, it's genital flesh-eating bacteria. Soon you will have no eye and no genitals. Now you know why to never rub your eyes after masturbating.

Seriously though, go to the doctor. It's probably pink eye, but why take the chance? Contact lens wearers have a ridiculously higher rate of infection.

kyro
02-18-2005, 02:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dude, this is like when you posted that pic of you tweaking. I mean, way to easy. I was actually expecting one of the dumber OOT posters (you guys know who you are....) to make the joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

man i hate you

Onaflag
02-18-2005, 04:07 PM
Dude, smoke the other half of the joint. Everyone knows when you only smoke half a joint, only one eye gets irritated. Smoke the other half and your eyes will be equally irritated and seem normal.

Onaflag...........