PDA

View Full Version : Car Bombs (the drink)

mason55
02-18-2005, 01:26 AM
So I was at a bar tonight and they refused to serve me and my friends car bombs. This isn't the first time it's happened. When we asked why, they told us "The owners said so." I've had this happen 3 or 4 other times and I'm wondering if anyone knows why certain bars won't server car bombs. No one will give me a straight answer when they deny me so I want a straight answer from 2+2;

For anyone that doesn't know what a car bomb is.

1/2 glass guiness
1/2 shot baileys
1/2 shot irish whiskey

drop shot glass in guiness and chug.
'
so why won't 50% of bar serve this to me???

InchoateHand
02-18-2005, 01:28 AM
People break a lot of glasses this way. (No, its not because you get too drunk too fast, otherwise they wouldn't serve me glasses of gin in places where they refrain from car bombs). I don't know if this is the real answer, but it makes sense.

Either that or its a particularly pernicious example of lingering prejudice,
No Irish Need Reply

nothumb
02-18-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
No Irish Need Reply

[/ QUOTE ]

Quit baiting me you lousy git.

I know several bars around here won't serve them because people have gotten too [censored] up off them. Most bars have Guiness on tap too. The local 'wine bar' won't serve them because one of the chefs got trashed and crashed his car into somebody's house drinking them.

They also don't like to do it cause they think it's too gonzo, not classy enough or whatever.

So basically, it's probably got something to do with them not knowing you, or you already being drunk, or them having problems with it. Car bombs do wreck you pretty fast.

NT

deacsoft
02-18-2005, 01:37 AM
Have to go with Jameson for the whiskey.

James282
02-18-2005, 01:38 AM
I used to have the same problem when I was in college. They don't want you breaking glasses, which does actually happen semi-frequently.
-James

nothumb
02-18-2005, 01:39 AM
Wow, I've never seen a glass get broken from drinking these, and I've probably consumed my weight in Guiness several times over... weird.

NT

InchoateHand
02-18-2005, 01:40 AM
See what happens when we let the Irish become white folk?

Start spreading their filthy misinformation...

nothumb
02-18-2005, 01:42 AM
You didn't let us become white folk, you had no choice. We were the only ones violent and hateful enough to kill all the blacks for you. Such ingrates, you waspy bastards.

Nice loc.

NT

InchoateHand
02-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Speaking of locs,

"going limp..."

Corey
02-18-2005, 01:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wow, I've never seen a glass get broken from drinking these, and I've probably consumed my weight in Guiness several times over... weird.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've personally broken a glass drinking a car bomb and I've seen it happen other times. It usually happens on the slam down after you finish. When "racing" is involved, the probability increases dramatically.

nothumb
02-18-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I've personally broken a glass drinking a car bomb and I've seen it happen other times. It usually happens on the slam down after you finish. When "racing" is involved, the probability increases dramatically.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I see.

I'm usually ahead so comfortably that I kind of ease it back down. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

NT

mason55
02-18-2005, 07:12 AM
[censored] that i've never broken a glass. AlL I want is to get drunk off a car bomb. That's bull [censored]. I want my car bomb!!!

beerbandit
02-18-2005, 10:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have to go with Jameson for the whiskey

[/ QUOTE ]

well played sir

cheers

LALDAAS
02-18-2005, 10:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So I was at a bar tonight and they refused to serve me and my friends car bombs. This isn't the first time it's happened. When we asked why, they told us "The owners said so." I've had this happen 3 or 4 other times and I'm wondering if anyone knows why certain bars won't server car bombs. No one will give me a straight answer when they deny me so I want a straight answer from 2+2;

For anyone that doesn't know what a car bomb is.

1/2 glass guiness
1/2 shot baileys
1/2 shot irish whiskey

drop shot glass in guiness and chug.
'
so why won't 50% of bar serve this to me???

[/ QUOTE ]

God I love these things, They almost taste like a quick!

A few buddies of mine finished up a nice little home turney then went to the bar, we slammed down 5 of these in 45min and a double of Jameson. All this after polishing off a keg in our Keg-o-rator at home.

To say the least my roomate and I had to make phone calls to find out how we got home, LOL

GOOD TIMES!

TMFS9
02-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Yeah, I've seen many glasses broke this way. It could be the reason they're not selling them. One way to find out would be to order another drink where you drop a glass into another glass and see if they will sell it to you. The only other drink I can think of off the top of my head is a flaming Dr. Pepper.

crownjules
02-18-2005, 10:59 AM
Jager bombs too (shot of jager dropped in about half a can of red bull). Anytime I've ordered them at the bar, I get plasticware. Sucks too because they drop the shot 'glass' in the cup, pour in the Jager and then give you the can of red bull.

How am I supposed to bomb that crap?

mason55
02-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Funny that you mention that, because that's what we had instead, only they served us "premixed" jager bombs instead of doing them for real. laaaame.

Patrick del Poker Grande
02-18-2005, 03:20 PM
The worst is when they give you premixed carbombs.