PDA

View Full Version : Ax small trips, 2 suited board, small pot, flop action?

Fnord
02-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I think this is Mickey Mouse, but I'm arguing over it with another player I share hand histories with.

UTG is running low on chips and pretty much passivly dumping money
MP1 is a horrible calling station (took an unpaired Queen to showdown 3 way facing aggression)
CO is unknown
BB is unknown

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Fnord is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Fnord completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Fnord ???

Bet out or check/raise?

einbert
02-18-2005, 01:42 AM
You have to bet out here. You can't give flush draws and gutshots free cards. There is a decent chance you will get raised and then you can three-bet. I don't think check-raising here is an option at all, there are just too many cards that could beat you on fourth street. Plus it gives away the strength of your hand cheaply.

Shillx
02-18-2005, 01:44 AM
Check/raising looks like a great option given that UTG is trying to go broke. If he will autobet when checked to, betting out makes little sense.

If UTG is just destined to CALL off his money, then yes I agree with betting in this spot.

Brad

einbert
02-18-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If UTG is just destined to CALL off his money, then yes I agree with betting in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, that's how I interpreted "passively dumping chips".

Fnord
02-18-2005, 02:28 AM
UTG has $11 left. Unclear just what he'll do as I see all kinds of random behavior from players in this position.

Fnord
02-18-2005, 01:28 PM
TTT

colgin
02-18-2005, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet out or check/raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Bet!

Edit:

OK, let me be a littlemore specific. Reasons not to go for C/R:

1. You can't know for sure that the hand will be bet for you. Passive players will often let the flop get checked through.
2. If it comes from LP you don't want to face the field with two cold (especially the short stack who may find a fold in that case).
3. If you bet out it may get raised allowing you to three bet.

27offsooot
02-18-2005, 01:36 PM
Bet. I only go for a solely value c/r when i'm pretty sure it will be from my immediate left (PFraiser, maniac, etc.).

Zez
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
Bet. You say the other two players are calling stations, so you can't depend on them to let you check raise. Betting out also adds deception because they (at least the players I play against) don't exepct you to bet with the trip sixes. They expect you'd slowplay such a "big" hand.