PDA

View Full Version : 100+9: Short stack stealing hands when not button/SB?

AA suited
02-18-2005, 12:13 AM
blinds = 100/200
5+ players left
you have 6BB left

no reads since you are multi-tabling.

What hands should you push with (assuming no reads) if folded to you as
1) EP (Utg, utg+1)
2) mp
3) co/co-1

mcpherzen
02-18-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
blinds = 100/200
5+ players left
you have 6BB left

no reads since you are multi-tabling.

What hands should you push with (assuming no reads) if folded to you as
1) EP (Utg, utg+1)
2) mp
3) co/co-1

[/ QUOTE ]

If your main consideration to answer this question is what cards you have been dealt, you don't understand much about folding equity. And until you understand folding equity, you're never going to beat up SNG's like they can be beaten. I don't feel like typing it all out again, but here's (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=singletable&Number=1746721 &Forum=,All_Forums,&Words=&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&M ain=1746087&Search=true&where=&Name=24349&daterang e=&newerval=&newertype=&olderval=&oldertype=&bodyp rev=#Post1746721) what I wrote about the topic yesterday.

Good luck.

-Zen

Benholio
02-18-2005, 12:56 AM
I think most regular readers of this board (and certainly AA) understand the basics of fold equity.

The situation described in this post specifies no player reads, and a pretty small stack (6bb). These 2 factors bring your FE into a fairly consistent range, barring extreme chip stack situations. So, in this case, the cards you hold are going to be the biggest single factor in determining whether to push or not.

Having said that, I am not experienced at the $100+9 tournaments enough to answer the original post.