PDA

View Full Version : Cash game question

cats...
02-17-2005, 11:57 PM
we have a home game, $10 buy-in. When someone enters the game and they are not the big/small blind, what happens to the dealer button? Does someone have to post the big blind two hands in a row then? (i.e the big blind posts, then the next hand someone enters, and he has to be the big blind again)?

thanks

smoore
02-18-2005, 12:23 AM
The button continues on it's path. The new player may not be the button. The new player has to post a live big blind. I'd suggest just letting people sit in free in a $10 games.

Once you're in... if you miss the blinds you have to post both a BB and a SB. The BB is live, the SB is dead money. This encourages people to be there for thier blinds /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Stew
02-18-2005, 01:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
The button continues on it's path. The new player may not be the button. The new player has to post a live big blind. I'd suggest just letting people sit in free in a $10 games.

Once you're in... if you miss the blinds you have to post both a BB and a SB. The BB is live, the SB is dead money. This encourages people to be there for thier blinds /images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent answer, this is what I would have advised as well. In all seriousness, I do completely agree with this.

Fins
02-18-2005, 01:31 AM
Ditto smoore... but I'll add you have the option of posting a BB or waiting until you are the BB to play. Home game you can decide but I think it'd depend on your players (e.g. buddies vs transients). Also Live = option to raise & dead = not counted as a raise (e.g. posting BB & SB when missing blinds).

- Fins