PDA

View Full Version : viewier chat.(does anyone use it???)

stupidsucker
02-17-2005, 11:53 PM
I am not talking about the chat. I am talking about "viewer chat" specific chat from people NOT sitting at the table.

The only thing I ever see it used for is for spam advertising. As far as I can tell there is no way to permenatly turn it off. You have to do it manualy for every new table you sit at.
(If I am wrong then this whole rant is for nothing)

Does party get kick backs from some of these people? I highly doubt it because they have made changes to stop them from linking websites now. That crapy webbook has had to change its name several times.

Suggestion: Simply make the defualt for viewer chat as OFF. I know its a menial task, but when I have 4-8 tables running, and I am racing to start tables as fast as I can to get my seat... blah blah blah... its not something I want to do at all. I want to shut it off and leave it off.

If they really wanted to be fancy maybe throw in viewer chat on for buddies only.

Well if anyone agrees let me know. If anyone knows how to turn it off permenatly then please please let me know.

ilya
02-17-2005, 11:57 PM
What's the big deal? Yeah, the spam is mildly annoying...but at least at the $20s it happens maybe 0.5 times/tournament. Plus, what if your friends decide to stop by and chat?

stupidsucker
02-18-2005, 12:15 AM
I rarely go a single tournament without seeing it. soemtimes I see three different ads in one tourny. Its getting worse and worse. Sure its not a big problem now, but if the trend continues it will be. Why not nip it in the bud now.

Already it has taken a feature away I like. I liked being able to hyperlink in the chat box, now you cant because of the war on spam.

As for your buddies...Seems to me that a place raking in millioins of dollars a day could afford a programer to add a function

on
off
buddies

I spend over $1k a month in rake to them. I dont ask for much in return. Thats like 50% of my profits if you think about it)

The Yugoslavian
02-18-2005, 12:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's the big deal? Yeah, the spam is mildly annoying...but at least at the $20s it happens maybe 0.5 times/tournament. Plus, what if your friends decide to stop by and chat?

[/ QUOTE ]

You have friends who stop by? /images/graemlins/confused.gif

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Yugoslav