PDA

View Full Version : boss hands cracked vs table edge

09-04-2002, 02:30 PM
I was hoping to get a few ideas of what some pros or semi-pros think about this. I've gotten some insight from some pros I've befriended in AC but would like a little more.

Everyone has runs of great cards that always complete (draws) or hold up (boss pairs) for what seems like weeks or months sometimes. I understand that mathematicaly (poker player, not spelling bee winner) your boss hands will get drawn out on alot based on the # of players trying to catch you.

I need to know is there a way to know when your cards are just running cold for the night and be able to leave a game even if you are the best player at the table. Most people say that you should play as long as you have an edge at the table and evrything will balance out in the long run, but is it possible that the balancing wont start that day.

One pro who I take his word like god himself is talking to me bases it on if you have three made hands in a row chased down on you where you were very much in the lead just walk away no matter how much better you are than the players at the table.

I find it hard to walk away in these situations and would like to know some other thoughts on this subject if anyone will spare the time

TKS

09-04-2002, 02:56 PM
I think your friend's advice to leave the table has more to do with going on tilt than "being unlucky that night". I say as long as your the best player at the table and not steaming from your previous bad beats, ante up.

patrick dicaprio
09-05-2002, 11:44 AM
unless you think you might go on tilt you should keep playing. there is no reason to quit if you are a winning player. your friends advice is bad advice if you consider the long run.

Pat