PDA

View Full Version : Great People in LA

Daniel Zarchan
09-04-2002, 02:09 PM
Wow, this new format is seriously confusing for me, but I'll do my best to make a post anyway...

I made a nine day trip to LA at the end of August, and I just wanted to comment on what a friendly and interesting group of 2+2ers I met out there. The nastiness of many poker players on the east coast (the Taj is particularly bad IMO) really has made cards less enjoyable for me than it could otherwise be. The LA trip was a welcome reprieve from that. I was fortunate enough to meet Rick N., Hero, skp, 3 Bet Brett, Mason, Jim Geary, M.E.B., Andy Fox, and Gabe, all of whom were fantastic to meet. Rick was particularly helpful in social organizing, somehow managing to drag five people away from all different games to sit down for drinks together at the Commerce(not to mention paying for everyone, which I didn't realize at the time, and was ubsurdly nice and unecessary). Great to meet you all, and don't be a stranger if you're ever in my neck of the woods.

Cheers,
Dan

P.S. I may needle a couple of you to post some of the hands I witnessed!

Rick Nebiolo
09-06-2002, 05:27 AM
Dan,

It was great to see all you guys too. Twenty minutes before we got together for drinks at the Commerce, I couldn’t figure out how we could get everyone assembled either. Brett was in a big game, skp was up in his room oversleeping regarding his nap and the concierge wouldn’t let me phone him unless I knew his full name, you and Mark (M.B.E.) were jumping between games, I didn’t even know Jim Geary, and Hero was hunkered down in a split game. But amazingly it just sort of happened NO PROBLEMO!

If you can, post that problem where I bet the flop out of the blinds into a garbage king high board and four opponents, all called, another blank came, and I check folded the turn. I may be on a different page then most of you on that one and would want to know what others think. (If you post, email me because I might miss it).

You can buy the drinks next time, but I’m going for that expensive stuff Brett drinks rather than the beer. I don’t like being a cheap date ;-).

Regards,

Rick