PDA

View Full Version : early hand played bad?

iluzion
02-17-2005, 11:09 PM
id post the actual hand history but for some reason i cant get it

a jetset $2.50+.25 single table, early in the tourny, first round of blinds still full 9 players

I see KK in LP, min raised by UTG(to t40), one MP caller, i make it t400 to go, they both call, wanted to make the ace-whatever hands or smaller PP fold actually.

flop is three rainbow small cards, i put in a 3/4th pot bet, MP pushes over, making it i think t300-400 more to call for me, i call.. he showed flopped bottom trips, i miss and am knocked out.. was this bad luck or bad play?

willperkins
02-17-2005, 11:24 PM
I would not have bet t400 with the blinds this low. I do not know what the starting stack size is on this site, but let's say it is t800. You are betting half your stack to win t90. That is a bad bet.

I would raise 3 X BB plus the bettor and caller (t140).

I assume they both would call and check to you on the rainbow flop.

That puts t450 in the pot. I bet 1/2 the pot. If he pushes, I have to decide if he is trying to bluff me off the pot, or flopped trips, str8, or two pair.

You still have t435. The blinds are 10/20. You can let it go and still have plenty to play or you can push and if you are wrong, another game starts any minute.

IMHO

iluzion
02-17-2005, 11:28 PM
yeah that sounds good, i think im being too aggressive in tournies and making big pots so much im busting easy.. starting stack is t1500 there though