PDA

View Full Version : a couple of mirage 40/80 hands

goofball
02-17-2005, 10:54 PM
the bellagio 30 last night was hideous, so i cruised over to the mirage and sat in a 40 game. 40 is the highest I've played outside a brief weekend jump to 80 a couple weeks ago.

game is 5-6 handed. with me, a couple of good players, a tight passive player for 5 handed, a thinking maniac, and the biggest fish of recent memory.

hand #1 - having raised the previous two hands and taken them down without a showdown I see KK utg and raise. folded around to the BB who calls. BB is a regular in the game from what I've seen, he wears incredibly dorky sunglasses and has told me he's homeless alternating between staying with friends in Vegas, LA, and Alabama. I haven't seen much of his play but my tentative line on him is decently TAG.

Flop is A x y

he checks, I bet , he raises, I call.

turn is z

he checks, I check

river is J

he bets, I call.

hand #2

thinking maniac live straddles. I 3bet with AJo UTG+1, folded around to the fish who calls 3 cold (this means absolutely nothing, he might do this with one card). Thinking Maniac calls, which I find somewhat dissapointing.

flop is J x y

TM bets, I raise, fish calls, TM 3bets, I 4bet, fish calls, TM 5bets, I call, fish calls.

turn is z

TM bets, raise or call?

Stork
02-17-2005, 11:36 PM
Hand 1, I like alot. Initially I was thinking you should either 3-bet the flop or bet the turn as I doubt he's playing an ace like this, but then I figured that your probably better off letting him try and bluff at the river or value bet his xx, and getting check-raised on the turn would suck. And as to 3-betting the flop, that would slow him down a good bit if he's behind, which isn't what you want here.

Hand 2, It sort of depends on what x y and z are. Any potential draws? I would guess that you are behind to some kind of raggedy two pair, so just call here. If there was any chance a raise would get the fish out then it would be very close, but it doesn't look like that will happen so I just call here.

goofball
02-17-2005, 11:58 PM
um, it was like (J 9 6) 2 or something like that.

a raise will definietly NOT get out the fish. that's not something to be concerned aabout though as he will easily call 2 cold with A7 or 85 or anything else that is drawing dead here. Raising will not get the fish out, but we should not be concerned about what the fish has at all.