PDA

View Full Version : big hand versus possible flush, and a lag in the mix

Raven
02-17-2005, 10:35 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, 2$ BB (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero ($221.4)
CO ($358.63)
Button ($89.92)
SB ($120.25)
BB ($266.2)
UTG ($96.4)

Preflop: Hero is MP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $8</font>, CO calls $8, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Flop: ($19) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $10</font>, CO calls $10.

Turn: ($39) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

River: ($39) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $30</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises to $70</font>.

Im a against a usual looose aggressive party player.
Should I fold on the river and how is my play in general on the hand ?

warlockjd
02-17-2005, 10:47 PM
curious: does anyone check/call this river?

PoBoy321
02-17-2005, 10:56 PM
I don't mind check/calling the river, but at the same time, I think the big problem is only betting 1/2 pot on the flop. Getting 3:1 odds on a 4:1 draw on the next card, he doesn't need much in the way of implied odds to make this a correct call for him if he has a flush draw.

Raven
02-17-2005, 11:01 PM
What is the % of times he will have a flush draw versus the times he will be running next to dead and you want him to go on with the hand ?

tbach24
02-17-2005, 11:08 PM
The problem with this hand is that you don't have a club in your hand. If you did I think that a 1/2 pot bet would be a little better. However, since you don't you have to bet 3/4 pot (my new favorite bet /images/graemlins/cool.gif). 15$ because you are out of position. I check/call the river.

Edit- BIIIIG possibility that he has KQ or KJ IMO.

PoBoy321
02-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Are you talking about KQ, KJ? If he was worried about kicker problems, he would have mucked pre-flop. After the flop, I don't see many players folding KQ or KJ in this spot, so $15 gets called by those hands that are drawing to 3 outs, as well as protects better against a flush draw. If villain had a flush draw, the only way that he would be making an incorrect call is if the hero can fold his hand for a 1/4 pot bet when the flush card hits, which I doubt many players are capable of.

FWIW, I think that the only hand that plays this hand this way is a made flush on the turn that was hoping you'd fire again on the river.

Raven
02-17-2005, 11:11 PM
This one was able to call me with a pocket pair, Im sure of that, but I take your point.

TheWorstPlayer
02-17-2005, 11:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What is the % of times he will have a flush draw versus the times he will be running next to dead and you want him to go on with the hand ?

[/ QUOTE ]
So why check the turn? Were you going for a check/raise?

Raven
02-17-2005, 11:55 PM
I was going to check-call the turn, Im collecting his bluffs, trips and paying a made flush, as being paid by trips and paying the flush if I bet. The problem of checking is allowing a free club to beat me on the river.

Im posting the hands I had some problems with as you see.

TheWorstPlayer
02-18-2005, 12:07 AM
Sounds reasonable, I was just wondering what your thought process/game plan was. I actually think checking there is pretty good. There are decent odds that he doesn't have a club, or that one won't fall on the river. And you don't want to be so predictable that you are always betting the turn when you hit the flop and not betting it when you miss. I like a check/call turn, lead river line, actually. Unfortunately, though, I think you should drop it on the river. It is much more frequent to see someone slowplay a flush or an underboat than to see someone min-raise bluff on the river with a paired board and a flush on board.

Raven
02-18-2005, 05:04 PM
I called and lost to the nut flush AcTc.