PDA

View Full Version : AXs in BB gets its flush - slowplay river when 4th spade hits?

dark_horse
02-17-2005, 10:32 PM
I raised the flop to buy outs for my little ace, but sadly they all call. But then the turn gives me the flush but also pairs the board. I bet out anyway and get 3 calls. Could they be calling to hit their 1 card flush? It's possible but since I have two spades already perhaps they're just calling with marginal hands. The river indeed comes a 4th spade. Check here and represent a little flush, hoping someone with a K/images/graemlins/spade.gif or J/images/graemlins/spade.gif bets? But if that player is in LP, my check-raise could backfire and face most of the field with 2 bets when they were worried about that 4th spade anyway. Also, knowing the board was paired, a check-raise could get 3-bet and that would be worse than simply getting raised on the river. Then I'd just call. Alas, I didn't want to lose all those big bets in case it gets checked around, so I bet.

(disclaimer - i'm not posting my monster hands just to brag. there are legitimate questions in all these posts)

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: 12.50 BB

shadow29
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
I don't raise the flop, but since they all called I guess...

shadow29
02-17-2005, 10:53 PM
The rest is standard.

dark_horse
02-17-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't raise the flop, but since they all called I guess...

[/ QUOTE ]

C'mon, isn't this a classic example of raising to buy outs in case your flush doesn't come?