PDA

View Full Version : AJo in CO flops 2nd pair - weird hand.

dark_horse
02-17-2005, 10:09 PM
Not sure what was going through my mind when I raised the flop on UTG. Probably to see if I get 3-bet so I can dump on an unimproved turn. But he just calls, and they check to me on the turn. Bet here? KT is a possibility given the fishy table. UTG gets his groove back on the river and bets to me, so I just call. How's my play here...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $1.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds.

Flop: (8.50 SB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (7.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (7.25 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB

sy_or_bust
02-17-2005, 10:14 PM
I like the flop raise with position. You might be behind here, but a passive table will often give a free card when a monster's not out and you have a decent hand. Just calling the flop lets UTG safely bet the turn, which would be bad news for you. Nice hand.