PDA

View Full Version : Success Based on Time of Day (and Week)

Moozh
02-17-2005, 09:56 PM
I've been thinking about this privately for a while. I'm sure it's been discussed before. Now, with all the bb/100 rate threads running, it seemed like a good time to post.

So, how big a factor does time of day have to do with winrate. More specifically, how much better or worse are the games during work hours, compared to evenings, compared to weekends?

I ask because I used to only play sporadically, and mostly weekend nights. During that period, my rate was through the roof. Recently, I've been playing a lot during the day, and while I'm still winning, it's feels like I'm scraping and clawing just to maintain a decent rate.

Meanwhile, I still play on weekends, especially evenings, and I still seem to do very very well during those periods. Of course, the sample size is too small to really make any conclsions. By my observations, the games during the weekends and evenings aren't that much better than during the day. But, I see people claiming 3+bb/100 rates and I wonder if it's because they're able to be more selective of when they play.

More likely, the truth is that I just suck and I'm looking for an excuse to rationalize my suckiness.

syphlix
02-17-2005, 11:45 PM
i think you just need to be more selective w/ your tables during the day hours EST than you do at nite... but i think the same table selection criteria holds true...

i.e. if i find a 2/4 table w/ 40% vpip and 2% pfr it's gonna play just about the same during the day than at nite...

but like i said.. it is prob harder to find them during the day... just use the same table selection criteria during the day that u do at nite