PDA

View Full Version : *sigh*...what is the correct play here

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 09:45 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP3 (t670)
CO (t955)
Hero (t715)
SB (t555)
BB (t845)
UTG (t1750)
UTG+1 (t450)
MP1 (t955)
MP2 (t1105)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t30, MP2 calls t30, MP3 calls t30, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t100</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls t70, MP2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: (t305) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t150</font>, Hero calls t150.

Turn: (t605) J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t705 (All-In)</font>, Hero calls t465 (All-In).

River: (t1775) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1775

Karak567
02-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm not one of the more experienced guys here, but personally I would have re-raised all in in the flop.

ilya
02-17-2005, 10:03 PM
I would say...

Either call preflop or raise more, maybe to 150. As of late, I would lean towards calling, but I think either is fine.
On the flop, you're behind KQ and 88 but ahead of KJ, KT. I don't see him playing TOO many other hands that way. So, let's pretend that there are 6+3 = 9 hands that beat you, and 8+8 = 16 (at least!) hands you beat. Your hand's not strong enough to slowplay though so I'd just push - the hands you beat will call you often enough, plus he *could* have some other crap like JT or 99.

On the turn, you gotta call his KT.

TheAmp
02-17-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not one of the more experienced guys here, but personally I would have re-raised all in in the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree, but IMO a big re-raise would be better.

1) Most likely you have the best hand on the flop. If he has 2 pairs or a set , so be it. Its important to get the chips in when you are a favorite. If you have the better hand, you want him to make a mistake by calling, so make a big re-raise. If he calls you are both pot committed, so the only difference compaired to moving all in is that you are more likely to trap him this way.

2) Remember that if you only call - your only way to win is in a showdown. put some pressure on your opponent when you have a hand and you will win some pots without showing a hand. It is usually wrong to be a calling station.

3) Too many straight draws with that flop. Give him a price for a draw.

4) SNG game plan - You are short stacked, therefore you need to load up chips in order to gain folding equity for later levels. This is your chance to do that, at a small risk.

willperkins
02-17-2005, 11:11 PM
You didn't say anything about MP2's playing style, so I will make no assumptions.

Preflop:

I would have raised t180 (3XBB + the limpers). It may have made no difference because MP2 may have called you anyway, but it would also let me know if he liked his hand or not.

Flop:

Once MP2 bets 1/2 the pot, I would put him on AQ and think he is making a feeler bet to see if you will let it go.

I would have pushed (I would bet the pot which would be t405. Since this is 66% of my stack, go ahead and push).

Of course he could have 88 or QK and you are behind (which is why I would have bet more preflop to see if he really wanted to call with those cards).

IMHO

ChrisV
02-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Raise to 200 preflop. Push the flop.

iMsoLucky0
02-18-2005, 12:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

How exactly would you have re-raised? Wouldn't there have to be a bet and a raise to reraise?

I definitely think that raising allin is a very good option on the flop though.

Remember, if you're scared go to church.

AA suited
02-18-2005, 12:53 AM
what level SnG is this? 10+1? 50+5?

you gota think to your self what did mp1 limp then call a 3BB raise with?

you were the preflop raiser, yet he bet into you on the flop.

at 10+1, they get excited when they have a great hand (ie: two pair) and bet out on the flop.

at 50+5, a 1/2 pot into the preflop raiser on a rainbow flop probably is middle pair and seeing if i have the K.

Turn:
at 10+1-&gt; the all-in probably mean if you want to draw out on me with the straight, it's going to cost you. (They never think that a person might already have the straight.)

at 50+5-&gt; all-in is either a semi-bluff or he has the nuts and trying to look like he's buying the pot. semi-bluff in that he now has a straight draw in addition to his middle pair.

at 50+5, if you just had a gut straight draw, i would say easy fold. no reason to risk your stack on a dangerous board when the blinds are so low.

but you also have a nut flush draw in addition to the gut draw. i would have called his all-in, but i dont know if that's the correct play.

of course, he could also have AK and you would be folding a tied pot. but that's poker.

curtains
02-18-2005, 06:19 AM
Raise more preflop. Your raise is basically encouraging as many calls as possible (everytime I say this, everyone folds.)

On the flop, you should raise (Id just go allin). Not the time to get fancy. With KK go ahead, live dangerously and call.

iMsoLucky0
02-18-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I agree, but IMO a big re-raise would be better.

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raising is not an option here, do you see why?

GimmeDaWatch
02-18-2005, 11:25 AM
I know it kind of sucks and there's a decent chance you're behind w/that board, but you have to call all-in on the turn. Even if you KNOW FOR A FACT he has, say, QJ, you have to call, given that you have 12 outs to the nuts and 5 more outs to top trips or top two pair. You're getting 2.5:1 so pot odds command it. Annnnnnnd, you'll be ahead sometimes too, which is of course the yummy sweetness.

Karak567
02-18-2005, 01:40 PM
Forgive my lingo error.

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 01:51 PM
karak...you need to stop being such a B*T*H. No more apologizing for your mistakes, no more. Either you say...Hey...I meant to say re-raise B*T*H, I will kill you! Or you don’t say anything and let it go.

DRD66
02-18-2005, 02:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
karak...you need to stop being such a B*T*H. No more apologizing for your mistakes, no more. Either you say...Hey...I meant to say re-raise B*T*H, I will kill you! Or you don’t say anything and let it go.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you mean "Hey...I meant to say RAISE B*T*H"? Wasn't "re-raise" the INCORRECT lingo? I'm new, so maybe I'm wrong.

If I'm right, you don't have to apologize, just let it go.
B*T*H
;-)

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 03:00 PM
I MEANT TO SAY RE-RAISE B*T*H, I WILL KILL YOU!

HARRRRR!

DRD66
02-18-2005, 06:07 PM
Are you talking re-raise on the FLOP? I thought the original confusion was Karak saying "re-raise pre-flop" when there hadn't been a raise before you. I know I'm getting into needless nitpicking, but I've been sucked in. I'll let it go, I swear.

FWIT, I thought the pf raise was OK (but my pf play is weak, that's why I read these forums). Looking back on it, may have wanted to raise on the flop - but had I been sitting there would've played it the same as you.

edit - looking at the hand again, you were NEVER raised, so could never re-raise. Am I misusing a term here? Man, sometimes the language is more complicated that the cards.

Karak567
02-18-2005, 07:10 PM
AMG!!! *runs away*

The Zebra is trying to eat me :-(.

:-P.