PDA

View Full Version : QJo in CO with one limper, big pot

dark_horse
02-17-2005, 09:11 PM
Hi guys, I'm about to barage you with some hand histories from an extended 1/2 session from last night. I flagged some hands for discussion. Here's the first one.

Was my call with QJo in the CO with only one limper who was from EP bad?

Was it right to cap the flop with my top two pair? 66 is the only hand I'm worried about at this point.

Should I have been worried about UTG check-3-betting on the turn, even though I had a full house? I felt capping the turn was right. QQ and JJ are the only hands that beat me, but nobody raised preflop so I couldn't put UTG on QQ, or possibly even JJ. By the river, there are 3 hands that beat me - 66, QQ and JJ. On the river, UTG check-raises AGAIN. Maybe I should have just called here. I had that sinking feeling when he capped my reraise. I did get the LAG read on him, however, as I've played with him before.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls $3.75 (All-In), UTG calls.

River: (20.37 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players, 1 all-in)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 28.37 BB

ArturiusX
02-17-2005, 09:22 PM
It also looks like someone's play with KJ. You played fine.

hate
02-17-2005, 09:31 PM
Even though you're not first in here, I like a pf raise in LP.

ArturiusX
02-17-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Even though you're not first in here, I like a pf raise in LP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Woops, that too.

Shillx
02-17-2005, 09:39 PM
/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Nice hand.

ArturiusX
02-17-2005, 09:42 PM
Also why are you posting hands when you make fullhouses? I mean, post some difficult hands, not "raise and pray he doesn't have the only two cards in the deck that beat you" hands.

dark_horse
02-17-2005, 09:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also why are you posting hands when you make fullhouses? I mean, post some difficult hands, not "raise and pray he doesn't have the only two cards in the deck that beat you" hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Because in this case I lost! That's precisely why I posted. Is the "raise and pray" line wrong? Seems so. And there are four cards in the deck that beat me. Two hands /images/graemlins/smile.gif