PDA

View Full Version : KQs - I play goot or reckless?

LuvDemNutz
02-17-2005, 08:43 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG+2 ($48.8)
MP1 ($79.95)
MP2 ($161.5)
Hero ($148.9)
CO ($285.3)
Button ($209.12)
SB ($96)
BB ($81.9)
UTG ($224.85)
UTG+1 ($216.8)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls $2, MP1 calls $2, MP2 calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $12</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, Hero calls $10.

Flop: ($33) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $15</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $45</font>, Button calls $30.

Turn: ($123) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font> Hero is all-In [$91.9]
Button folds.

Final Pot: $123

BobboFitos
02-17-2005, 08:48 PM
Unless button raises alot on the button it's a fold pf

stack sizes the way they are I dont like your check raise.

either lead out or check call.

So yeah, I dont like your line, but it worked.

iceman5
02-17-2005, 08:56 PM
I think you were lucky that he had AK (probably) and not AA or KK.

LuvDemNutz
02-17-2005, 08:57 PM
Button was loose aggressive - I called because I thought he was aggressive enough to make this move with marginal hands trying to pick-up all the dead money in the pot.

LuvDemNutz
02-17-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you were lucky that he had AK (probably) and not AA or KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

You think AK calls the flop check-raise?

schwza
02-17-2005, 11:21 PM
yeah, fold pre-flop.

i probably bet $22 on the flop and plan on pushing if he raises.

ginko
02-18-2005, 12:23 AM
I like it, looks like a set pushing hard.

I mean, doesn't it?

TheWorstPlayer
02-18-2005, 01:08 AM
You're gonna lead out into the preflop raiser? Obviously you can, especially to disguise when you do that with sets, but then you have to be willing to go all-in over a raise, right? Are you? And check/call looks so much like a draw, it's sick. Unless you are going to check/raise the turn? But by that point he is pretty PCed (which is why that is a nice line with a set.)

Personally, I like checking to the preflop raiser, since that is what I would do with a set here, and then you can see what he does. This flop bet is SO weak, especially with a draw out here it looks like an "I raised, so maybe they will fold if I bet, but I really have nothing here" bet. So raising it up looks good. But the check/raise wasn't really that big, so I think he might have called thinking you were making a move on him after betting so weakly and hoping to hit an overcard on the turn. Then when he didn't hit on the turn, easily to knock him off his hand with a strong turn bet. I don't think anything is too bad except possibly for the call preflop. But if the guy is very aggressive preflop, I don't mind the preflop call either since you are more likely dominating them (or in a race) than being dominated by them.

BobboFitos
02-18-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You're gonna lead out into the preflop raiser? Obviously you can, especially to disguise when you do that with sets, but then you have to be willing to go all-in over a raise, right? Are you? And check/call looks so much like a draw, it's sick. Unless you are going to check/raise the turn? But by that point he is pretty PCed (which is why that is a nice line with a set.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll lead into the PFR because it's expending alot of money to check raise a PFR off presumed overcards whereas it's cheaper to win it there.

If raised it also allows you to get the money in, in what is anywhere from 35 to 55% equity.

Check calling is fine if you're priced in.

Checkraising just leaves stacksizes in a really tough spot when you blank on the turn; if he's calling a checkraise they most likely aren't peeling one off with overs, (unless they suck) so you're either going to have to continue the bluff with alot less equity or check and essentially give up if priced out. Neither option looks appealing, although it seems op1 worked.

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I like checking to the preflop raiser, since that is what I would do with a set here, and then you can see what he does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be all doyle brunson, but on this board I would definately lead out with a set.

[ QUOTE ]
But if the guy is very aggressive preflop, I don't mind the preflop call either since you are more likely dominating them (or in a race) than being dominated by them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Win it now then vs overs; it's tough going into the turn with a huge pot with a no pair hand.

LuvDemNutz
02-18-2005, 10:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like it, looks like a set pushing hard.

I mean, doesn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

This was exactly my thinking.

My image (assuming my opponent was paying attention) was tight and relatively straightfoward up until this point. I was absolutely trying to represent a set - this would very likely be how I would play a set in this spot - assuming I expected the PF raiser to autobet the flop.

When I blasted all in on the turn, he thought for a second and typed "Will you show if I fold?" - I didn't respond.

He typed "Tens" and then folded.

TheWorstPlayer
02-18-2005, 10:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When I blasted all in on the turn, he thought for a second and typed "Will you show if I fold?" - I didn't respond.

[/ QUOTE ]
I believe the correct answer is "I'll show if you call."

BobboFitos
02-18-2005, 10:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He typed "Tens" and then folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

He really messed up his hand by his weak flop bet. If only he bet more on the flop...