PDA

View Full Version : Pokerchips.com chip cases

prez2024
02-17-2005, 08:33 PM
Have any of you purchased a chips case from pokerchips.com? I ask because the prices seem kind of high (they start at $65 for a 500 chip case), and I was wondering if the quality was that much better than the more moderately priced cases available on other websites.

Thanks in advance for any response.

(I recently ordered 500 chips from them, and was debating whether or not to buy a case as well.)

Fins
02-18-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Have any of you purchased a chips case from pokerchips.com? I ask because the prices seem kind of high (they start at $65 for a 500 chip case), and I was wondering if the quality was that much better than the more moderately priced cases available on other websites.

Thanks in advance for any response.

(I recently ordered 500 chips from them, and was debating whether or not to buy a case as well.)

[/ QUOTE ]
Seems kind of high. They look like the cheap aluminum "pizza box" style that I got with my Chipcos though mine holds 660 Chipcos (10 rows of 63 + 2 rows of 15). I haven't seen a $65 case worth anything close to that... maybe $25 including S&H!... even then they're questionable. I've heard good things about the Elite 550 (http://www.gamelandsports.com/.sc/ms/dd/1104808096935884/9/nc/ee/711/Elite%20550%20Poker%20Chip%20Case) cases. More room than you need but the 50 is in two rows of 25 and can be used for extras/samples/cardcovers etc... I'd be interested to hear but my gut says it's not even close to being worth $25 let alone $65.

- Fins

smoore
02-18-2005, 12:50 AM
I like my new Elite700 case.

It doesn't feel like the chips are going to spill out even if I smacked it on something. The latches lock with a little crappy key for added saftey.

It has a good, comfy handle and the 75 chip rows make it a better profile than the 50 chip row cases.

The interior construction is a bit cheaper than I was hoping but overall I'd say it was worth the $40 shipped and I only have Nexgen chips... It'd scare the hell out of me to carry clay chips in an infamous pizza box case.

Unless the thing fails horribly in a year, I'll be buying another one when I expand my set.

faith
02-18-2005, 07:29 AM
Same as standard cases elsewhere... at about double the price listed. Not the aluminum you were asking about, but I'd imagine them to be the same as well...

Many of their prices are way higher than most other places on misc items as well... Buttons, racks n' what have you.

I am a repeat costumer for custom chips so am pleased with pokerchips.com overall; I just buy the other items elsewhere

-faith

prez2024
02-18-2005, 11:00 AM
Thanks for the input. I thought the prices seemed a bit high. Given that the chip order is going to take several months, I figure I've got time to look elsewhere for a case.

Fins
02-18-2005, 01:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I figure I've got time to look elsewhere for a case.

[/ QUOTE ]
Just thought I'd throw this thread (http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8333) out if you haven't seen it. I like the larger case option so there's room for a bunch of cards, timer, felt (if needed), card cover etc...

- Fins

prez2024
02-18-2005, 02:12 PM
Just thought I'd throw this thread (http://www.texasholdem-poker.com/forum/phpbb/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8333) out if you haven't seen it. I like the larger case option so there's room for a bunch of cards, timer, felt (if needed), card cover etc...

- Fins

[/ QUOTE ]

I hadn't seen that thread. Thanks for the headsup. Much appreciated.

warewulf
02-18-2005, 02:22 PM
I have 3 Elite 550's and have been very happy with them. They're not 'nice', but very functional.