PDA

View Full Version : Constantine

Reef
02-17-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing this. I know it has Keanu Reeves - but still. Hopefully I'm not utterly disappointed. Whose with me?

~Reef

AEKDBet
02-17-2005, 08:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing this. I know it has Keanu Reeves - but still. Hopefully I'm not utterly disappointed. Whose with me?

~Reef

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah same here. Saw the trailer awhile back and thought it looked good. I was high though so I didn't trust my judgement until they started flooding TV spots.

Ulysses
02-17-2005, 08:44 PM
The only way you won't be disappointed is if you go into this expecting it to suck real bad.

Reef
02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The only way you won't be disappointed is if you go into this expecting it to suck real bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

*cartman voice* GawDamnit

offTopic
02-17-2005, 09:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a general comment on having high expectations, or did you already see it?

Ulysses
02-17-2005, 09:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a general comment on having high expectations, or did you already see it?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a general comment on the fact that this movie will suck bad.

nolanfan34
02-17-2005, 09:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's also based on his experience at seeing bad movies, based on past TIVO selections.

fsuplayer
02-17-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

me.

wonderwes
02-18-2005, 12:02 PM
Rottentomatoes currently have constantine labeled as 48% fresh. It takes 60% to be given a positive recommendation. I think this film will be sorta good, yet sorta bad at the same time.

DMBFan23
02-18-2005, 12:31 PM
I'm shocked that both Maxim and Playboy gave this movie good reviews. I saw the preview for it right before The Life Aquatic, and it looked like it suuuuuuuuuucked.

Shajen
02-18-2005, 12:52 PM
the premise of the movie is kinda cool, dude trapped between heaven and hell, fighting for good, etc, etc.

WOAH.

nicky g
02-18-2005, 12:53 PM
From the trailers it looks awful. I wonder if it can top out End of Days in crapness.

SmileyEH
02-18-2005, 01:05 PM
I love keanu reeves. You guys can all go to hell.

-SmileyEH

The Dude
02-18-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? I don't get it. Is this some kind of inside joke or something?

Ulysses
02-18-2005, 02:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the premise of the movie is kinda cool, dude trapped between heaven and hell, fighting for good, etc, etc.

WOAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the premise is great. As a general rule, I love movies with this theme. This movie, however, will suck bad.

Reef
02-18-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing this.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? I don't get it. Is this some kind of inside joke or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

sadly, no

ArchAngel71857
02-18-2005, 04:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

WOAH.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, the premise is great. As a general rule, I love movies with this theme. This movie, however, will suck bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because the premise is taken from a comic book. Too bad the script probably won't be as good as the comic book anyway.

-AA

davelin
02-18-2005, 04:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
That's because the premise is taken from a comic book. Too bad the script probably won't be as good as the comic book anyway.

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

Too true, the comic book is a cult-favorite (like the upcoming Sin City and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen before) and this movie does no honor to the source material.

ArchAngel71857
02-18-2005, 04:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

In other news, I am looking forward to Sin City. It intrigues me.

-AA

Too true, the comic book is a cult-favorite (like the upcoming Sin City and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen before) and this movie does no honor to the source material.

[/ QUOTE ]

sfer
02-18-2005, 05:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I loved the comic as a teenager. They even mentioned the Pogues like once an issue.

Fratony
02-19-2005, 07:18 PM
have any of you actually seen the movie yet? I just got back from it and i thought it was pretty damn good. There were some corny parts (you'll know what i mean if you see it), but overall it was really entertaining and action packed. As far as it being "Neo goes to hell", I didnt really get that impression. Reeves did nothing "neo-like" the entire movie, but unfortuately he will always be looked at as Neo because of the fame that movie brought him.

AEKDBet
02-19-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It did suck bad. But go see it.

ilya
02-19-2005, 07:23 PM
I'm definitely planning to see it. I don't mind Keanu Reeves.

captZEEbo1
02-19-2005, 07:30 PM
looks like trash to me

Phoenix1010
02-19-2005, 07:35 PM
It was not awful. It certainly wasn't good, either, but it was watchable. More action would have been appreciated, and the pacing and story progression seemed kind of off, but all in all it was a decent flick. Hopefully there will be a sequel with more action and use of cool demon/angel powers. Keanu did a pretty decent job by the way IMO. This is one of the few films where his intentional comedy outweighs his unintentional comedy.

Also, I saw the trailor for Sin City and I'm more excited for it than maybe any movie since I first saw the trailor for Who Framed Roger Rabbit when I was 4. This movie looks awesome.

Regards,
Steve

Reef
02-19-2005, 10:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how so/why?

pshreck
02-19-2005, 10:09 PM
I want to see this, but a lot of reviewers are comparing it to Hellboy, but not as good. I thought Hellboy was average at best.

I'll see Constantine, but I have my expectations set low.

Fratony
02-19-2005, 10:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

how so/why?

[/ QUOTE ]
That's just my roommate being an ass to my post, he liked it.

Hulk Hogan
02-19-2005, 10:55 PM
I just saw it. It was really good.

Don't go in being a jerkass pretentious dipshit and you'll like it too.

AEKDBet
02-19-2005, 11:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I just saw it. It was really good.

Don't go in being a jerkass pretentious dipshit and you'll like it too.

[/ QUOTE ]

that was my point, follow diablo's advice and expect crap. low expectations only make it better. that was a lie for the good of others. stupid bible. thats what i would done untomyself

Alobar
02-19-2005, 11:37 PM
I've seen it, and its good. You might not think its the greatest movie, but it is definately far from sucking bad

istewart
02-19-2005, 11:42 PM
It looks so bad lmao. Why would you ever bother thinking about seeing it?

James282
02-20-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like 50 first dates, and what was it, you got served? /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-James

Token Black Guy
02-20-2005, 12:09 AM
[censored] looks whack!

Hulk Hogan
02-20-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like 50 first dates, and what was it, you got served? /images/graemlins/smile.gif
-James

[/ QUOTE ]

It's about 10,000 times better than those.

It's a GOOD movie.

Not great, but good.

theBruiser500
02-20-2005, 12:24 AM
Kennu Reeves is one of the worst actors ever. I was browsing TV a long time ago and saw him for 10 minutes in a movie with the role of hot dog salesman he was so bad it made me want to barph. Anyone knoww hat moie i am talking about?

theBruiser500
02-20-2005, 12:25 AM
and btw if you think this movie will be good after seeing the previews you are a retard. the one scene where he's running through flaming hotel buildings with zombies chasing him with a machine gun in his hand says it all

AEKDBet
02-20-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and btw if you think this movie will be good after seeing the previews you are a retard. the one scene where he's running through flaming hotel buildings with zombies chasing him with a machine gun in his hand says it all

[/ QUOTE ]

To draw a conclusion on 90 mins of film from 60 seconds is retarded. I think someone once said something similiar to this about a book and a cover or something.

Hulk Hogan
02-20-2005, 12:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't see it then.

You're missing a good movie because you're a pretentious douche.

theBruiser500
02-20-2005, 12:47 AM
"I think someone once said something similiar to this about a book and a cover or something."

Ha ha, how clever.

Ulysses
02-20-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Kind of like 50 first dates

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that might be funny, but it really sucked.

[ QUOTE ]
you got served?

[/ QUOTE ]

I just fast-forwarded to the dance scenes and any scenes that looked like someone was getting served. Whole movie took, I dunno, 15 minutes or so, and ruled.

istewart
02-20-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just fast-forwarded to the dance scenes and any scenes that looked like someone was getting served.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha

Reef
02-20-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I just fast-forwarded to the dance scenes and any scenes that looked like someone was getting served. Whole movie took, I dunno, 15 minutes or so, and ruled.

[/ QUOTE ]

tons of replay value right there

peachy
02-20-2005, 03:48 AM
When i 1st saw the previous a yr ago i couldnt WAIT to see this movie, and i saw it friday and loved it, but i like these kinds of movies.

And Reeves does a great job in it regardless of how u view him in other movies