PDA

View Full Version : Getting off your game.

Silent Assassin
02-17-2005, 08:07 PM
I'm sure a lot of people have this problem. I have this problem and so do a couple of my friends. When I first sit down to play Hold' em I play an extremely good game. I usually sit with $150 at a 5/10 game online. I spend the first few hours playing extremely tight, but also aggressive at the right times and easily end up with $700 in front of me. That is when trouble comes. After I get up I get off my game and loosen up. I start making bad calls and limping in with junk I usually don't and before I know it I've lost all my money. So how do you keep yourself from getting off your game?

oscark
02-17-2005, 08:23 PM
"I spend the first few hours playing extremely tight, but also aggressive at the right times and easily end up with $700 in front of me."

Well, if you can easily get to $700, I recommend you then cash out and start the process all over again. As long as you can do that, you will be the most successful 5/10 player EVER.

bobbyi
02-17-2005, 08:25 PM
If you can only play for a few hours without your play deteriorating here's my suggestion for how to structure your sessions:
1) Play for a few hours.
2) Stop.

TM1212
02-17-2005, 09:14 PM
If your game really changes with more chips in front of you... Take enough off so u play tight again.

Really, in a limit holdem game, with a cap on all betting rounds, as long as you have 12BB or more in front of you, the amount of chips you have shouldn't change your game. So, more likely is that your tired, and thats causeing your slip in play. You should try to keep ur play under a few hours and slowly work your way up to longer peroids. If your tired, always take a break!

Chris Daddy Cool
02-17-2005, 09:22 PM
post this in the pyschology forum.

also the second you feel you're not playing your best anymore you should take a break from the table and then pick up and leave or refocus yourself and play tight again.

TStoneMBD
02-18-2005, 02:36 AM
psychology forum