PDA

View Full Version : AJo river play

MHarris
02-17-2005, 07:18 PM
UTG+1 is loose-passive PF, aggro postflop (32/4/1.8). I have about 75 hands on him, but this is the first time I've played with him.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG+1 calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero calls.
I'm not really sure where I stand here. If I raise, I feel as if I have to call a 3-bet, although I really don't like my hand anymore, even if I do catch a 4th heart on the river.It was an uncomfortable spot, so I did something simple.

River: (6.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, Hero...
Raise and call a 3-bet? Raise and fold to a 3-bet? Call?

Results to follow.

meep_42
02-17-2005, 07:23 PM
32% isn't -that- loose, so what are his possible hands that beat you?

AxQ/images/graemlins/heart.gif
Q9/images/graemlins/heart.gif

I think Q9:heart is the only realistic one, it's more likely he has something like 98/images/graemlins/heart.gif or 65/images/graemlins/heart.gif, but I don't want to go 4 bets with the 2nd nuts on a 4-flushed board, so I raise and call.

-d
[Edit - actually.. I don't like raising and calling, as a passive isn't going to 3-bet a hand I beat. What does everyone think of raise/fold? Or does this have to get shown down?]

Fat Nicky
02-17-2005, 07:29 PM
I like the turn call as paying 3 bets to see the river would suck.

I'd raise the river and call a 3-bet. You're ahead of a wide range of hands here and the villain will play any made flush on the turn this way as well as Aces up.

MHarris
02-17-2005, 07:40 PM
When deciding on whether to call or raise here, there were some factors that made a good case for calling:
1. I'm not so sure UTG+1 will call a river raise with aces up.
2. The A, K, and T of hearts are on the board, and the J is in my hand. Will he call a river raise with a worse heart in hand?
3. Will villain 3-bet with anything I beat here?