PDA

View Full Version : Overcards on a paired board...

VTEddie
02-17-2005, 04:55 PM
Recently made the jump to 2/4 and after an amazing first 300 hands or so its been straight downhill. Needless to say im questioning my game and wondering weather i can really cut it at 2/4. So, im gonna make an effort to post some hands and see if i can plug some leaks. Any sort of feedback would be great guys, im pretty sure i played this well. Thanks

I dont really have any reads on the players, this was one of my first hands at the table.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls.

Flop: (12 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

River: (13 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Final Pot: 19 BB

Shillx
02-17-2005, 05:02 PM
Your river raise will get you into trouble more then it will get you rich. The fact that there is a 3rd player behind you who will probably overcall turns the river raise into a call. You also have to consider that MP2 has done nothing but calling the entire hand and it doesn't make sense that he is betting just a queen in this spot. I would call expecting to lose here.

Brad

meep_42
02-17-2005, 05:34 PM
3-bet pre-flop
Flop/Turn are fine, I bet/call the flop if it's checked to me.
Call the river with the overcaller.

-d

Fat Nicky
02-17-2005, 05:37 PM
3-bet pre-flop.

Cool flop raise. Turn is standard.

Hate the river raise. The combination of getting overcalls from worse hands that wouldn't call 2 bets if your ahead and to prevent yourself from getting 3 bet (you only will get 3 bet by hands that beat you) make this raise a terrble idea.

Just curious, what would you do on the turn if it was the 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif and it was checked to you?

adamstewart
02-17-2005, 05:45 PM
PREFLOP: 3-bet

FLOP: Good raise.

TURN: Good bet.

RIVER: Don't really like the raise. Just call.

Adam

VTEddie
02-17-2005, 09:26 PM
Thanks guys, noted about the weak river raise, and the raise on pf.

hmm i think if the turn was 2 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif i would check and take a look at the river

VTEddie
02-17-2005, 09:30 PM
Results:
they both had me beat...
UTG+1 flips pocket Aces
and MP2 flips KQ

Freakin
02-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Few things

3-bet preflop

I like the flop raise

Turn bet seems standard. Either the K was an overcard to their pair, or they still haven't hit with something like AQ or AJ.

River

You represented a hand that doesn't fear the two tens on board. He is now representing a hand that doesn't fear your hand. I don't think this raise is going to get much from you. I would just call and expect to be shown a hand like KQ or QQ. I think the raise is usually -EV.

Freakin

ecooke
02-18-2005, 12:07 AM
I don't have anything interesting to say about the Flop or the Turn. When MP2 comes to life on the River, however, he is not looking for you to fold - just call in this spot.