PDA

View Full Version : Two Ladies at Empire

Spaderess
02-17-2005, 04:02 PM
I haven't played for a while and thinks my balance is a bit off. Wiht that I mean that I play some hands too weak and other too aggressive. Did I play this one ok or did I go too far?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/club.gif.
2 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, 1 fold, Button calls, Hero raises, BB calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Flop: (14 SB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif (7 players)
Hero bets, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, Button raises, Hero 3-bets, BB folds, MP3 calls, Button calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero bets, MP3 calls, Button raises, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (18 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 players)
Hero checks, MP3 checks, Button bets, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 20 BB

IsaacW
02-17-2005, 04:25 PM
I don't see anything wrong with this hand absent reads. Does anyone 3bet the turn?

wrto4556
02-17-2005, 04:27 PM
Does anyone 3-bet the turn?

Not me. I play it the same way.

Spaderess
02-17-2005, 04:29 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">Svar till:</font><hr />
I don't see anything wrong with this hand absent reads.

[/ QUOTE ] Had only played 13 hands with him/her so no reads yet.

RickA
02-17-2005, 04:29 PM
Spade,

I think you played this well. I don't think there is any point you overplayed an overpair and you certainly shouldn't fold a pot of this size. Reads on your opponents could have influenced your decisons.

Spaderess
02-17-2005, 04:45 PM
Thank you for your replies.

As I said I have just stared playing again after a long break and have had problems finding the right aggression level. Most hands I have been able myself to determine witch, but I was unsure about a few (this being one). Your comments seem to point that I'm on the right track.

Here are the results:
Button shows [ 2c, 2d ] a full house, Twos full of sixes.
Hero doesn't show [ Qs, Qc ] two pairs, queens and sixes.
Button wins $39 from the main pot with a full house, Twos full of sixes.