PDA

View Full Version : KQs UTG+1, or, how agressive should I be without teh nutz?

smiely
02-17-2005, 02:56 PM
No reads on villain at the time of the hand, he had only been at the table for a couple of hands.

PokerStars 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
1 fold, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, 5 folds, BB checks.

Probably shoulda raised this preflop, hmmm? I'm usually pretty decent with preflop play, but for some reason, at the time, I thought it was a limping hand, not a raising hand.

Flop: (4.40 SB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif (4 players)
BB checks, Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, MP1 folds, BB folds, Hero 3-bets, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (5.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif (2 players)
Hero bets, UTG+2 raises, Hero ???

What should my line be here?

sublime
02-17-2005, 02:58 PM
hey bro-

raise preflop of course. i would 3-bet the turn and slow down if he caps.

kenberman
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
You need to throw in 1 more raise. he could be bluffing, he could have the J /images/graemlins/heart.gif, or he may have the 7 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Hopefully he doesn't have both /images/graemlins/wink.gif

if re-raised, I call down cryingly.

Grease
02-17-2005, 03:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hey bro-

raise preflop of course. i would 3-bet the turn and slow down if he caps.

[/ QUOTE ]

I concur.

IsaacW
02-17-2005, 03:21 PM
Raise preflop, re-raise the turn and call down a cap, lead the river if called.

Also, hit the J/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river, just to be sure /images/graemlins/grin.gif

smiely
02-17-2005, 07:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, hit the J/images/graemlins/heart.gif on the river, just to be sure

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh, you should know that would never happen, because ONLINE POKER IS RIGGED!!!!11ONE /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

dinero2433
02-17-2005, 07:43 PM
Reraise. If it's capped, check-call the river.

smiely
02-17-2005, 07:47 PM
Yeah... the more I look at this hand, the more I hate the way I played it. I realized that the way I played was indicitive of the way I was playing all last night - totally weak tight. I ended up being too scared of the A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, and only called villain's turn raise, and check/calling the river, which was a 3/images/graemlins/club.gif. /images/graemlins/frown.gif After my session, I checked villain's stats - 75/32/3.6 over 41 hands... total LAG. His hand? K2o, no heart. /images/graemlins/confused.gif