PDA

View Full Version : AKo on button multiway

Mikey
09-03-2002, 11:56 PM
I was playing in the 4-8 game at Bellagio I have AKo on the button, about 5 limpers, the cutoff raises.

What do you do with AKo?

Allan
09-04-2002, 12:07 AM
uh.......reraise.....and I don't think its close....

Allan

KJS
09-04-2002, 12:17 AM
For me it depends on how many people will fold for 2 bets. If I can eliminate half the field and get checked to post-flop, easy raise. If everyone will call 2, I would rather just call and keep the pot small for my hand that rarely gets a straight or flush.

Another consideration is the raiser. Some people are less likely to raise after a lot of limpers, others more. If they are someone who would never raise with less than one of the big pairs, then I would not re-raise. Unless...they would put me on AA if they had KK or QQ.

KJS

Aaron Lovi
09-04-2002, 12:39 AM

Dynasty
09-04-2002, 12:47 AM
You make it 3 bets and hope everybody calls. If some players fold, that's good too.

Allan
09-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Don't you want people to make the huge mistake of calling 2 cold to them? If it is the $1 $2 blind structure a reraise is making it equall to a 3 bet back to them which is even more of a mistake. If the players are that loose preflop I don't think their postflop play will reflect attention to pot odds. This is why I choose to reraise here.

Allan

Jeffage
09-04-2002, 02:45 AM
nm

bad beetz
09-04-2002, 12:01 PM

KJS
09-04-2002, 06:31 PM
Everyone is more likely to chase in a big pot whether or not they even know what pot odds are. If the table is full of bad players, the type who will chase regardless, I would prefer that they make mistakes by chasing not chase correctly (which most would be in a huge pot). More imnportantly, my hand is speculative too. I don't even have a pair and only will flop top pair 33% of the time. That is not enough equity to try to build a huge pot with a lot of players, especially considering the only flushes I am getting are going to be 4 card ones and all my straight draws are gutshots. In a multiway pot, I will take the advantage I have due to position and having a very good starting hand and consider that a good advantage but not enough to jam up the pot. I will reserve that for times I have a very good started that can win unimproved.

Of course, if everyone will check to me on the flop then my 3 bet money is well spent.

KJS