PDA

View Full Version : Maximized Slowplay?

kurto
02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB ($19.60)
BB ($9.15)
UTG ($3.40)
UTG+1 ($20.60)
MP1 ($22.10)
MP2 ($27.85)
<font color="#C00000">MP3 ($7.90)</font>
CO ($14.70)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($40.65)</font>

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, MP3 calls $0.25, CO calls $0.25, Hero calls $0.25, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.50) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets $0.25</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $0.75</font>, SB folds, BB calls $0.75, UTG folds, MP3 calls $0.75, CO calls $0.50.

Turn: ($4.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, MP3 checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, MP3 calls $3, CO folds.

River: ($10.50) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $4</font>, MP3 calls $3.90 (All-In).

Final Pot: $18.40

Thoughts? To vary my game I decided to not raise AK preflop this hand. This was ideal for a hidden AK.

I didn't reraise the flop much more because I didn't want everyone to drop out. I have the nuts on the flop with redraws to the nutflush. I want some people to catchup 2nd best. I want to bet small enough to encourage others to come along for the ride, right?

The river is a dream card. Potentially filling 2 lesser straights. I bet hoping they'll only credit me for having a King (and getting calls from the same)

River... all in of course.

Other then raising preflop, anyone play it differently?

MyMindIsGoing
02-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Post flop you played it good. I might have raised just a little more on flop though, milking another $0.25 of those with a draw.

bholdr
02-17-2005, 04:40 PM
well played, from the flop to the river. however, mixing up one's play preflop has very little value at that level. your opponents are A: generally not going to be paying enough attention to make it worth your while, and B: they'll call a preflop raise anyway.

if i ever mix up my play at small buy in NL (which is rare- and only when i'm against opponents that i know are watching my play), it's through raising with weaker holdings, instead of limping with stronger ones.

BobboFitos
02-17-2005, 05:57 PM
this might not be very useful, but this isn't exactly a slowplay, given you raised the flop, bet the turn, bet the river...

if you mean the PF limp, yeah, thats a different story.

kurto
02-17-2005, 06:23 PM
"this might not be very useful, but this isn't exactly a slowplay, given you raised the flop" LOL I thought the flop play might still qualify as a slowplay because of my meager reraise. When I normally play this hand... I would probably have bet the pot. (at this table, if they've paid attention, they would know that about me.) So, in my mind, I was slow playing the flop with what was almost a minraise.

An underbet can't be a slow raise? semantics?

BobboFitos
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"this might not be very useful, but this isn't exactly a slowplay, given you raised the flop" LOL I thought the flop play might still qualify as a slowplay because of my meager reraise. When I normally play this hand... I would probably have bet the pot. (at this table, if they've paid attention, they would know that about me.) So, in my mind, I was slow playing the flop with what was almost a minraise.

An underbet can't be a slow raise? semantics?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, to be honest, you fastplayed your hand... /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

so i guess it's not semantics. it doesn't really matter though, NH