PDA

View Full Version : Lay down this AA?

iceman5
02-17-2005, 01:27 PM
Forgive me for posting this smaller stakes hand here but I would really like the opinions of the regulars on this one.

$1/$2 NL. There are 2 maniacs at the table going back and forth at each other nearly every hand.

They just played a monster pot where one had A9 and the other K9...flop was J94.
They played a big pot where the baord was 4567. They got all in. The guy with 74 won. Didnt see the others cards.
One hand I raised to $10 with KK. They both called. The flop was K33 and one of them called me down all the way. I didnt see what he had.

Maniac #1 has about $250. Maniac #2 has lost 3 buy ins now (one to me) and just reloaded to $200. I have them covered.

Maniac #2 limps UTG. I raise to $12 with AA. Maniac $1 calls from the button and so does manaic #2.

The pot is $40. The flop comes Tc9c3h. I have red aces. UTG maniac checks. I bet $30. Button maniac raises to $60. UTG maniac check raises to $90. Normally this is an easy fold against any sane competition. Is it still an easy fold against these guys?

I mean against one of them I might continue, but against both ? With a min raise and min reraise?

I almost pushed all in, but decided to fold. This hand is the first hand Ive actually lost sleep over in a long time.

Easy fold?

Hardmix
02-17-2005, 01:39 PM
I call the reraise looking to push if the turn does not bring a scare card...club,8/K, or pair the board.

FoxwoodsFiend
02-17-2005, 02:00 PM
Easy push. You say they've played monster pots with middle pair-what's the question? you're essentially playing 2 random hands.

iceman5
02-17-2005, 02:01 PM
I forgot too mention that guy who is down 3 buy ins and is UTG in this hand lost 1 buy in with 88 in a raised pot. The flop was AT5 all spades and there was the raiser AND another guy pouring chips in. It was a $600 pot total in this $200 buy in game.

thatpfunk
02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
How were they pf? This might have been an oppurtune time to limp reraise...

iceman5
02-17-2005, 02:21 PM
I was in MP and UTG had already limped

The_Bends
02-17-2005, 02:35 PM
If they are as bad as you say then put it all in the middle.

SpeakEasy
02-17-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Easy fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, very hard fold. I would put them all-in on their draws. If someone hit a set, so be it, but their prior play shows no evidence of this. Past play demonstrates that they are over-playing 2nd and 3rd best hands.

iceman5
02-17-2005, 08:55 PM
90% of the online players cant laydown AA no matter what the action is to them. When I was a rookie poker player I couldnt either. Ive since learned that when I make a healthy preflop raise and get called twice, then I bet close to the pot and get raised not only once but twice, that Im beaten nearly every time.
Unfortunatly, this wasnt one of those times.
I folded and the button called the reraise. The turn was another 9 making the board T939. UTG pushed all in and the button called.
UTG had QQ and I didnt see what the button had.

I still think 95% of the time this is a good fold, but against these 2 fools, it obviously wasnt.

t_petrosian
02-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Given your description, I have to push here. I don't want to outguess my AA. I feel quite sure I'm ahead in this hand. You could be up against KT, straight draw, something. If one has T9, life sucks - you're out a buy-in (although you have chances to draw out if the board pairs another card). The moral of the story - push and don't lose any more sleep over it, the decision is out of your hand now...

Kaz The Original
02-18-2005, 02:05 PM
iceman5, I don't understand what is so scary about this scenario, so long as those reads came BEFORE the AA hand and not after. I would push here and be happy to due so.

Still, if you are calling (or pushing in this spot) WITHOUT READS, it's horrible, so always laying down in this spot is lesser of a mistake than never laying down in this spot.

iceman5
02-18-2005, 02:47 PM
That looks pretty clear now, but I thought I was making a good disciplined laydown at the time.

technologic
02-18-2005, 06:55 PM
as doyle would say,

"i yawned, as i shoved my chips in the middle."