PDA

View Full Version : The kind of hand I hate...too good to fold, too bad to play

Irishboy
02-17-2005, 12:49 PM
I know this is a really simple hand, but it's one I have trouble dealing with.

Opponent here is a 12/4. Tight and doesn't raise many hands pre-flop.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Irishboy is BB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Irishboy calls.

Flop: (4.66 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Irishboy checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Irishboy folds.

Final Pot: 2.83 BB

The pot is small so why fight for it.

On the other hand, this guy is on autobet when I check the flop. No way did that flop hit him...how can I let him get away with this!

I should have check-raised the flop or just bet out.

No dummy, you don't want to check-raise in a 2 BB pot.

I don't have the odds to play it like a draw. Any ace probably has me dominated. Any pair is ahead. Just fold.

But, if I'm just going to play fit or fold in this situation...then it couldn't possibly be +EV to call his raise in the BB. If it's fit or fold then fold the damn thing pre-flop.

But it's too much hand to fold pre-flop.

HELP!!!

bugstud
02-17-2005, 01:07 PM
12/4 I think mucking here isn't that out of line, but someone with pokerstove ought to be able to definitavely figure it out.

Ryno
02-17-2005, 01:51 PM
"how can I let him get away with this!"

Next time you might peel one off, but going to war with overcards, out-of-position, tight-passive opponent who has bet twice, small pot? Nah, just let him have it.

steveyz
02-17-2005, 02:10 PM
If this guy really is a 12/4, I'd fold here preflop unless SB is bad calls, giving me some overlay.

You are just dominated way too often. Assuming that he raises about 4% of his hand in MP3, his range is likely to be something like AA-JJ,AKs,AQs,AKo. That's about 4% right there and you are screwed against that entire range. Even if the flop is J high, you'll still only be ahead maybe half the time.

esspo
02-17-2005, 02:14 PM
Fold pre-flop.

Fold on the flop.

Levi King
02-17-2005, 04:18 PM
This is the easiest fold pre flop ever. What's the point of keeping stats if you don't listen to them? AJo is garbage and a rock raised out of position. I usually fold it to any raise - even looser players.

Fold pre flop. When you make a mistake and see the flop, look at his stats again and fold the flop. You're beat.

Kaz The Original
02-17-2005, 04:33 PM
You gotta to know when to walk away... know when to run. This is time to run, either flop (pre or post) you wish,