PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you hate top-pair

Irishboy
02-17-2005, 12:40 PM
UTG+1 is loose and pretty passive.
MP is loose, moderately aggressive, and fairly tricky.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Irishboy is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, Irishboy checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Irishboy bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Irishboy 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 caps</font>, Irishboy calls, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Irishboy checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks.

River: (8 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Irishboy checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, Irishboy calls.

Final Pot: 10 BB

After the flop cap I was considering laying it down on the turn, especially when the third spade came. I was thinking the cap may have been a really-expensive free card play.

If I was up against AJ, surely this guy would have raised pre-flop. Maybe JT??

I was lost on the turn and river. Suggestions appreciated.

Levi King
02-17-2005, 04:28 PM
I would play this the same way. Sure feels like UTG+1 was looking to check raise his flush on the turn (though you don't say HOW passive he is, so maybe not). It's worth one bet on the river, closing the action, to see if he made it.

On the turn, if MP1 had bet, I'd have to think long and hard about calling. Given your read he could be betting a worse hand, but with UTG+1 behind me still to call the right move is probably a fold. Still, if you're sure that UTG+1 is passive and won't raise, I could call a turn bet here and pray for a cheap showdown.

TStoneMBD
02-17-2005, 04:31 PM
looks good to me