PDA

View Full Version : One player to a hand ?

Fishlips_Jones
02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
Having never played in a live tournament, I was wondering if discussing a hand you are not involved in is allowed.

Example: Player A raises some amount. You fold. Player B starts thinking, so you say something like "Player A is bluffing, you should call/raise"

Thanks

Fishlips

BUD
02-17-2005, 11:38 AM
you got i right in your subject line. the rule is one player to a hand. it is not correct to make decisions w someone elses suggestions.

Fishlips_Jones
02-17-2005, 11:59 AM
So making suggestions is not against the rules, but making a decision with someone elses suggestion is against the rules?

Fishlips

SheridanCat
02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
So making suggestions is not against the rules, but making a decision with someone elses suggestion is against the rules?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the Tournament Directors Association rules, the "one player to a hand" rule will be enforced.

While it's going to be at the discretion of the tournament director how to handle this, I would think it would be the person discussing the hand which he is not part of who would receive the penalty.

It would be impossible to penalize the person receiving unsolicited advice. Of course, if he was soliciting help from a neighbor then he should be penalized along with anyone helping him.

Regards,

T

deacsoft
02-17-2005, 11:09 PM
Don't do it and encourage others not to do it as well.

smoore
02-18-2005, 12:41 AM
No one not involved in the hand is supposed to say anything about the hand. All that "oooh, AK looks goooood!" and "well, someone just hit thier flush!" talk I hear constantly is technically against the rules. If you're still active in the hand (not allin) you can say just about whatever you like to try to get under your opponents skin.

"If the cards are still face down, keep yer damn yap shut!" /images/graemlins/wink.gif

PoBoy321
02-18-2005, 05:09 AM
Wait, so does that make Scotty Nguyen's "If you call, this is over, baby," comment, technically against the rules? I don't play any live tournaments (except for an occasional one held by some guys from my school), so I have no idea about what the rules are.

AngryCola
02-18-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Wait, so does that make Scotty Nguyen's "If you call, this is over, baby," comment, technically against the rules? I don't play any live tournaments (except for an occasional one held by some guys from my school), so I have no idea about what the rules are.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, because he was talking to the only other player involved in the hand. I'm fairly sure everyone else had folded when Scotty made that comment.

Also, that's not really advice. It's more of a taunt. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Now, lets say someone else had raised and another player was mulling over a decision. If Scotty says something like, "You should call him, he's bluffing," it's obviously bad form and is likely a violation of the rules.

deacsoft
02-18-2005, 01:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

No, because he was talking to the only other player involved in the hand. I'm fairly sure everyone else had folded when Scotty made that comment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure he said that when it was heads-up for the WSOP championship.