PDA

View Full Version : What kind of a wus was I here?

QTip
02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
How are you playing this hand?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 folds, MP3 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

My thoughts here...this is a pretty big pot with 8 players on the flop, and I would like take this down. These players are all extremely loose (obviously with the 8 handed flop). Anyone of them are capable of calling with 5xos and Qxos. I'm checking the flop to see if there's any strength. The semi-bluff here is worthless. Everyone checks...great, a blank on the turn, I'm betting.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, Hero folds, UTG calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds.

Darn...not a blank...again I check for strength...I don't like any bet. A 5 could have been slowplayed (standard fish play) or anyone could have a King now (likely) or a Queen with a better kicker...I'm folding.

River: (6 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

spydog
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
On the flop you can either go for a check-raise or lead it and 3-bet anyone who raises. I think I want to lead because I probably have the best hand and if I check I risk a draw/pair raising me out of the pot becuase I don't want to call 2 cold.

QTip
02-17-2005, 10:18 AM
So...you're saying I was a pretty big wus? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

spydog
02-17-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So...you're saying I was a pretty big wus? /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. At the very least you must be thinking of checkraising this flop.