PDA

View Full Version : AX Suited Two Pair Question

37offsuit
02-17-2005, 09:50 AM
This happened twice in a matter of 5 hands last night. I got Ax suited, got in cheap, flopped two pair and got drawn out on. That's poker and not why I'm posting. I think I might have taken the wrong line on one or both hands.

On the first hand I had Ah 5h in LP and the button came along. I bet 2/3 the pot on the flop cleared everyone out but the button, bet the pot on the turn, then the river went check/check. There were no real draws, so the only better hand I was looking at was a better two pair or a set. There was one over card to my 5 by the turn, and the river 6 gave the button two better pair with A6o.

A few hands later, Ah Th in the BB. SB raises to 3Xs the BB into 3 limpers, I call and the rest call (5 handed).

Flop A T 4 rainbow.

SB bets pot. I call????

Fold to LP player who calls as well.

Turn: 6 (suits didn't end up mattering, it wasn't two hearts).

SB bets 1/2 pot. I only have enough to complete to a full pot bet. At this point, either I'm way ahead or drawing to 2 outs. I just call to enduce a call from a naked A in LP. I know I can't push a made hand out of this pot and have put SB on AK-AJ. Should I push here anyway to maybe force out the LP so if I'm against AK in SB and AJ in BB (or vice versa) they don't have 6 collective outs? River is a K, SB pushes which is about pot and a half, I call fully expecting to be behind, but I only have $6 left and the pot is decent sized LP folds.

Dr_Freeze
02-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Why not push on the flop (in the A-10 hand)?
-Freeze