PDA

View Full Version : Catch-22 and moronic customer support at Pokerroom.com

Rhone
02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Just venting a bit here...

First message to Pokerroom
Hello,

As a new player, am I eligible to make a $500 deposit through Firepay to take full advantage of the 20% first-time deposit bonus?

Thanks,
Rhone.

their response
Hi Rhone,

Thank you for your recent email...

The deposit bonus is an added incentive, mainly for first time real money players. Here is how it works:

The bonus will be 20% of the deposited amount. However, the bonus may never exceed $100, so all deposits higher than $500 will give you a $100 bonus, regardless of the deposited amount.

To get the bonus you need to collect player points...
and some more going on never to answer my question

my reply:
Thank you for your reply. Please note that you did not answer my question at all, which is whether I am eligible to make a first time deposit in the amount of $500 through Firepay. I'll look forward to hearing from you with an answer to this question.

Thanks,
Rhone

Their reply to my reply:
Hi Rhone,

You would be pleased to know that you would be able to deposit $500 as a single transaction using FirePay. The maximum transaction allowed is $1000, daily, and $2500 weekly.

now from me:
Your software in fact DID NOT allow me to deposit $500, even though the message below says I should be able to. When I tried to deposit, I received a message saying that my deposit failed, and that as a new account holder I am only eligible to deposit $250 per week.

no response from pokerroom for 24 hours. I e-mailed them again, and got this nonsensical response this morning:

Hi,

Thank you for your recent email.

I see that there is a different name attached to this email address. You will not be able to make a deposit on an account that has additional email addresses. Should you have any further queries, please do not
hesitate to contact us.

wtf??? I have no clue what he's talking about. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Cleveland Guy
02-17-2005, 04:29 PM
CALL THEM.

I am always amazed at how people want quick responses, yet don't use toll free numbers.

I have found pokerroom is much better with their customer service on the phone than e-mail.

I always call if I have an issue.

jon593
02-17-2005, 05:13 PM
you should feel privileged that you even got a response from them. most people dont even get 1 that last few emails i sent to them i never got 1

Rhone
02-17-2005, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
CALL THEM.

I am always amazed at how people want quick responses, yet don't use toll free numbers.

I have found pokerroom is much better with their customer service on the phone than e-mail.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll call them. But I don't feel like I've been impatient here...this e-mail exchange took place over 3 or 4 days before I had enough and decided to post here...

Cleveland Guy
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
CALL THEM.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'll call them. But I don't feel like I've been impatient here...this e-mail exchange took place over 3 or 4 days before I had enough and decided to post here...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you waited 3-4 days you are more patient than me. I always pick up the phone when I have an issue.

They can fix any problems on the spot that way.

Rednax
02-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Well, they totally screwed me over on an issue that I called them about. On the other hand, their e-mail support is better than it used to be as I received an understandable response to a question I had about a promotion they were running. Their response was that the promotion was no longer running. It came just one month and 4 days after I sent the question.