PDA

View Full Version : AKo Tag Opp

krishanleong
02-17-2005, 08:45 AM
I didn't like this much. How did I do?

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Flop: (13 SB) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 3-bets</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (14 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Final Pot: 17 BB

MarkL444
02-17-2005, 08:54 AM
there has to be some argument for raising that turn to get UTG out. that seems right. problem is, i have no idea what to do after that.

krishanleong
02-17-2005, 09:27 AM
I like this response. It means I'm not alone in not knowing what to do in this hand. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Krishan

DeeJ
02-17-2005, 09:37 AM
Worst case is MP3 has AQ AK or QK crubs. I don't think you should avoid calling down here, and bereft of reads, this is the only option to stop being beaten by KQ and AJ /images/graemlins/frown.gif

krishanleong
02-17-2005, 09:39 AM
I 3-bet preflop lead the flop on a K high board and get raised, and the you put the reraiser on AJ? I can't see him having this hand.

Krishan

PokerBob
02-17-2005, 09:42 AM
What about c/ring the turn to blast away UTG? MP3 could easily have KQs, no?

PokerBob
02-17-2005, 09:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there has to be some argument for raising that turn to get UTG out. that seems right. problem is, i have no idea what to do after that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

bakku
02-17-2005, 09:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP3 could also have AQ, JJ, TT, KJs, KTs. I think hero is behind here way more often than not and I really doubt UTG is folding a hand you'd want him to fold.

krishanleong
02-17-2005, 09:47 AM
Bob,

He could have KQs. But how often does he have that? And what range of hands could he have that I beat? I think a Bayesian analysis will show that this hand sucks and I'm going to lose.

Krishan

PokerBob
02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

MP3 could also have AQ, JJ, TT, KJs, KTs. I think hero is behind here way more often than not and I really doubt UTG is folding a hand you'd want him to fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting at least 10:1, I want him folding any A and any Q.

spydog
02-17-2005, 09:49 AM
I think you played this one fine. I don't like checkraising the turn because UTG will still call his draw and MP3 will 3-bet a hand that beats you and I'm not folding.

bakku
02-17-2005, 09:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Getting at least 10:1, I want him folding any A and any Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any Q isn't folding especially when it's very likely he has a pair to go with it if he does have one. Any paired A is either drawing to 2 outs or to a chop.

krishanleong
02-17-2005, 10:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
MP3 could also have AQ, JJ, TT, KJs, KTs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish I could do a good bayesian in my head. Truthfully I felt it was likely he had AQ since he didn't cap preflop. I really wanted to just fold the turn. He turned over AQ and MHING.

Krishan

bakku
02-17-2005, 10:11 AM
Unless you knew villain has specifically AQ folding the turn would be bad. You're drawing very live to most of his possible holdings.

krishanleong
02-17-2005, 12:04 PM
I didn't think you were right. But I did some bayesian and your right. I really don't think he'll have KJs, or KTs very often though. I guess it boils down to against everything but AQ you have at least 4 outs in a huge pot. I'm also being a bit results oriented in thinking he had AQ.

Krishan

colgin
02-17-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you here. I don't want to pay two extra BBs when I am behind and get reraised by MP3 in order to occasionally get UTG to fold an Ace (he won't fold a Queen) that chops IF a Queen falls but who will more often only be folding hands I would like to be calling along with me.