PDA

View Full Version : Something to ponder...again

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Lori writes:

One thing that I find helps, is that anytime I lose when short stacked with , say , K8 vs Q8, I consider it losing a 50-50.

The reason I look at it this way is that no matter which hand I had, the chips were going all in and being called.

AA vs KK is also a similar feeling, it's not like either of us outplayed the other.

La Brujita writes:

Lori as usual has made a great point succinctly which took me a long time to learn and which has helped my game.

To add another example and a brief explanation, if you raise in from the button with A-9o and are called and lose to A-8o in a situation where you would play a wide range of hands including any A and many kings, I don't really feel like you were that unlucky. Its not like you played better because your kicker was one higher.

You both did your job and now it is all mechanics. Exact same for AA and KK which is why I try not to celebrate when my aces hold up over kings.

The reason it has helped my game is understanding that you have done your job when the money moves in and sometimes you have both done your job when one ends up as a favorite lets me win and lose with a bit more calmness.

Pepsquad
02-17-2005, 07:07 AM
I like this. Very true...and something that is so easy to forget.

Thanks for posting it.

Jman28
02-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Yeah. This is a great thought. I'll try to remember it to stay more even-tempered.

-Jman28

rachelwxm
02-17-2005, 11:31 AM
This is another way to look at bad beat. Very true.
A good player should not complain if he went in short stack and lose a dominating hand.

Bigwig
02-17-2005, 11:34 AM
Bah. Next time my A's get cracked I'm still gonna be pissed. To hell with this business. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Geo
02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
I am with you Bigwig