PDA

View Full Version : Loose Aggro Best Strategy?

youngin20
02-17-2005, 06:03 AM
Ok, I know this is a small sample size, but it seems that to beat big tournaments, but it seems that laggy players have the best of it. Look at daniel n., phil ivey and barry g. although im not a regular in the big game, or 1000/2000, it seems all three are successful not only in cash games, but also the big buy in tourneys as well. (Daniel seems to clearly be very successful, although apparently by his own admission, he doesnt play much cash game poker..) Barry has recently won a few tourneys, and has quite a reputation from various articles i have read, and from barry g and other peoples descriptions, Phil Ivey is a monster in cash games, and was apparently a really great tourney player before he hit the big time in cash games too. Im asking this in comparison to relatively tight players (TJ Cloutier, Phil Hellmuth) who seem to be able to do fairly well, but at the same time from what ive heard are not the best at cash games. or at least keeping their winnings from going to the craps tables. this is all hearsay, and i really have no idea what im talking about, but it seems to me that the laggy players know where its at.

Sadat X
02-17-2005, 10:43 PM
There was an article in a recent CardPlayer by Mike Sexton in which he basically says the same thing. I tend to agree that in tournaments, when the threat of elimination is present, a LAGgy style of play is advantageous.