PDA

View Full Version : William Hill $5 per Hour or around $9 ?

bigsuckout
02-17-2005, 05:10 AM
Hey,

If I sign up thru one of the "non-U.S."
links to collect the bigger hourly bonus then
choose U.S. dollars as my form of currency for
neteller........am I back to just getting the
$5 per hour ??

Thanks

dblgutshot
02-17-2005, 07:06 AM
even if u sign up saying you are from US, u get $9 something/hr.

Bulbarainey
02-17-2005, 07:07 AM
i wonder this as well, i felt cheated myself... but u should check out Interpoker, same player base, $90 100% bonus

VinnyTheFish
02-17-2005, 08:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

$5 per hour ?? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you live in the United States, it is very difficult to get money to Willy Hill. They not only DO NOT accept Nettel deposits in GBP, AND it is not even an option.

I signed up using the GBP option, in hopes of getting the larger bonus. Then I found myself not able to get money there (since I only use Nettel). This was early January. It has taken 5 emails, 2 replies and over 30 days to get them to close my account, so that I could open a new one with USD ($). I missed the January bonus and they refuse to honor it, despite my begging. (Insert that into the bonus whore definition).

I may have missed something, but I strongly suggest that you simply sign up for USD. The games are profitable enough on the crypto's that the extra $23 will not be missed.

Rudbaeck
02-17-2005, 09:56 AM
Sign up with a dollar account, it's the only way to use Neteller. It's a looooong time since they stopped giving (new) dollar accounts $5 bonus instead of £5. Those stuck with the $5 bonus signed up very early.

Atleast every poker player I know personally who has signed up over the last 8 months with a $ account at WH gets the £5 bonus, which amounts to just over $9. I have one friend who signed up about 12-15 months ago, and he still gets $5, which annoys him no end.

SackUp
02-17-2005, 12:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

$5 per hour ?? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you live in the United States, it is very difficult to get money to Willy Hill. They not only DO NOT accept Nettel deposits in GBP, AND it is not even an option.

I signed up using the GBP option, in hopes of getting the larger bonus. Then I found myself not able to get money there (since I only use Nettel). This was early January. It has taken 5 emails, 2 replies and over 30 days to get them to close my account, so that I could open a new one with USD ($). I missed the January bonus and they refuse to honor it, despite my begging. (Insert that into the bonus whore definition).

I may have missed something, but I strongly suggest that you simply sign up for USD. The games are profitable enough on the crypto's that the extra $23 will not be missed.

[/ QUOTE ]

They give you the pound equivilent in dollars when you sign up for dollars so it's a $47 bonus each month and not just 25. You don't miss out on anything by doing dollars so no reason to not just sign up as a US dollar player like you are supposed to. I don't see how you are missing out on 23 dollars??

moondogg
02-17-2005, 12:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey,

$5 per hour ?? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

They give you the pound equivilent in dollars when you sign up for dollars so it's a $47 bonus each month and not just 25. You don't miss out on anything by doing dollars so no reason to not just sign up as a US dollar player like you are supposed to. I don't see how you are missing out on 23 dollars??

[/ QUOTE ]

In the past, some new accounts have gotten screwed into $25 instead of £25. However, to the best of my knowledge, that only occurred to certain accounts created early last year, and I have not heard of it happening to anyone recently.

VinnyTheFish
02-17-2005, 02:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't see how you are missing out on 23 dollars??

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no played at Hill yet. I signed up for an account, but I was not able to deposit. I only read what the USD page said, and iy said $25 for 5 hours. They close my "old' account today. Tonight, I will open a new account and get the 5 hours in.

I only assumed that they gave you $25 with a USD account and 25 Quid with a GBP account.

dengar
02-20-2005, 04:38 AM
I am clearing william hill right now. i transfered us dollars in with neteller and didn't have any problems.

i am also getting hourly bonuses for $9.71. It was a nice surprise getting almost double the bonus i was expecting.
/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Shoe
02-20-2005, 05:32 AM
is it williamhill.com? Sorry if i sound naive, just a weird name for a site.

Edit: Unless William Hill is some famous dude, in which case i don't know him.