PDA

View Full Version : 10/20 Party (6 max)- Good Laydown?

chiefnut
02-17-2005, 03:35 AM
UTG player is a little on the loose side, SB player is a good aggressive player

UTG calls, I'm UTG+1 and I raise with J /images/graemlins/spade.gifJ /images/graemlins/club.gif, fold, fold, SB three bets, BB folds, UTG calls, I cap, calls all around (3 way).

Flop comes Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. SB bets, UTG calls, I decide to call.

Turn comes with 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif. SB bets, UTG Raises.....

After some thought, I decided to fold. Given the fact that someone could already have the queen or higher PP, and if not then they could have flush draw and most likely two overs on the river card, given all that I decided to fold, even though I thought there was a decent chance my jacks were good. Although, I'm still not sure I like the laydown. Any thoughts on the laydown, and on my flop call? The showdown was pretty interesting between the other two players.

PoBoy321
02-17-2005, 03:38 AM
I'm not generally a limit player, but from my POV, this seems like a good laydown. Calling the flop seems fine, but against the bet and raise on the expensive street, I really don't like calling 2 cold with this hand.

SQUi5HiiFiSH
02-17-2005, 04:15 AM
i raise the flop.. and bet/fold to a raise on the turn