PDA

View Full Version : Worst fold in the history of the world

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 03:16 AM
Honestly, the guy didn't misclick. He actually thought about it for a few seconds. I added a poll but only gave one option, as there can be no debate.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t840)
Hero (t5230)
Button (t3925)
Phucking Idiot (t3505)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls t600, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Phucking Idiot completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t790</font>, Hero calls t190, Phucking Idiot folds

Flop: (t2030) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t2030) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t2030) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t2030

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 4c Ah (full house, fours full of aces).
Hero has Qc 2d (one pair, fours).
Outcome: BB wins t2030. </font>

Apathy
02-17-2005, 03:19 AM
I did not vote...ive seen much worse. Also IMO you misplayed this hand, interested to see what others think.

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 03:25 AM
I understand that I could have folded and continued to bully the table.

This guy was in 3rd place, He was not bullying anybody. He had already completed the SB. Find me a worse fold.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 03:28 AM
I think your call was worse then his fold.

"You could have folded"??? How was calling even an option?

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 03:37 AM
Lord, you guys are harsh.

The blinds were 600. I raise one person and he puts me all-in, and suddenly I'm in 3rd place.

You guys may be better at bullying than I am. I don't see that I have that great a lead, given the blinds. Nevertheless, with my skill level, calling was the best option.

You guys need to chill. I can delete the post, since the tone of it seems to be getting under your skin.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 03:45 AM
huh? Fold Queen 2 when BB is all in bro. Thats all.

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 03:49 AM
Oh, is that what you mean? Sorry, I thought you were continuing Apathy's point (if, in fact, that was his point--maybe he was making the same point as you).

My bad.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:02 AM
...just dont call with Q 2 next time. You have a lot of chips. You must have acquired them some how. Keep up the solid play. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Daliman
02-17-2005, 04:03 AM
Agreed. Your call is simply god-awful here. You should know better. What exactly were you looking for here? A QQ2 flop? Pay attention. Your call in is 100X worse than the fold, which is terrible.

BAD BAD ICKY BAD!

SuitedSixes
02-17-2005, 04:13 AM
You played this really poorly. Why do you want to get rid of the small stack? He is your friend. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=1646743&amp;page=&amp;view=&amp;s b=5&amp;o=)

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 04:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Agreed. Your call is simply god-awful here. You should know better. What exactly were you looking for here? A QQ2 flop? Pay attention. Your call in is 100X worse than the fold, which is terrible.

BAD BAD ICKY BAD!

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I believe you, but I'm surprised. The BB has 190 chips after posting. I called the 600 chips, which was my signal to the other players that they could also come in and we could knock this guy out by checking to the river.

So you're saying that if none of us has a better hand than Q2 (which I agree sucks), that we should just all fold and let the BB go from 190 chips to 1090 chips?

Q2 against a random hand is not great, I know. But with two of us in on the hand (which is what I wanted), surely we have a better than 60% chance of knocking this guy out.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:16 AM
dont worry jcm. Things happen, some times you make aweful calls when you dont even realize it. Some times you dont realize you made an aweful call when people are telling you. Somt times you just need something that will make you happy... http://www.successnoless.com/smile.htm (dont pay attension to the adds)

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:20 AM
YOU WANT HIM IN. How are you even worried about getting knocked out when you over poker both players tremendously. Keep baby cakes in there and take the blinds of the other two. Thats why when you are 3 way in SB and the button has 1k chips, you have 5k, and BB has 2k...if button folds...YOU GO ALL IN.

Use shorty to your advantage.

Mostly, its the idiots who limp that bet out on the flop with out making a hand. They wont want to give shorty any more chips then he already does with out a good hand.

FOLDING IS OKAY. he will pick up the blinds....woop de fu.ckin do. So he lasts another 4 hands.

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 04:26 AM
There seems to be a general consensus that my play sucks, but the reason why it sucks seems to be up for debate.

Some people are saying that it sucks because Q2 is a terrible hand. Some people are saying that it sucks because I don't want to take out the small stack.

But give me this--I want to take out the small stack because I'm not very good at bullying when the blinds are this big and my lead is this small. Surely, in this situation, your calling standards lower. You don't need an Ace high to play this hand, I wouldn't think. So what would be the range of hands you would need to put in the 790 chips to cover the small stack?

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 04:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There seems to be a general consensus that my play sucks, but the reason why it sucks seems to be up for debate.

Some people are saying that it sucks because Q2 is a terrible hand. Some people are saying that it sucks because I don't want to take out the small stack.

But give me this--I want to take out the small stack because I'm not very good at bullying when the blinds are this big and my lead is this small. Surely, in this situation, your calling standards lower. You don't need an Ace high to play this hand, I wouldn't think. So what would be the range of hands you would need to put in the 790 chips to cover the small stack?

[/ QUOTE ]

Lord, don't even answer my question above. I'm embarrassed that I was making fun of the other guy and people are saying that my play is worse. Let me go to bed now.

EliteNinja
02-17-2005, 04:40 AM
Worst call in the history of forever in the universe.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Elite shut up...you arent helping things.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:44 AM
Dude, shut the hell up and listen.

Okay this is the thing. There is no debate...hmmm...news flash... Queen two sucks...news flash...your play sucked...news flash you want small stack in...news flash WE WANT YOU TO GET BETTER OR WE WOULDNT YELL AT YOU.

*** Biggest News Flash of All ***

This tournament is never going to matter. It didn’t matter today, it wont tomorrow, it wont in 57.394 million years either.

You need to take a risk...if you don’t risk you WILL NOT learn. Do you know why you don’t think you are good at being a bully? Because you are in the fetal position before the tournament even starts!

Here is the thing... You will need to learn and practice new things as you play, right? So what's the big deal about trying new moves when big stack? If you don’t try to bully...you will never learn.

TRY TO BE A BULLY....JUST TRY!! Don’t ask people how to be one. You need to figure it out yourself. Once you have the flow of things you can ask better players(not me) how to be an expert bully.

And that’s how things go... Today we salute you, Mr. Small Stack Hanger-Onner Guy.

If you are sad look at this site...it makes me happy
http://www.successnoless.com/smile.htm

quinn
02-17-2005, 04:49 AM
The call of 600 was many times better than the fold.

If you don't understand this, I highly doubt your ability to win at no-limit poker.

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
***Another news flash***

Read all the posts before you open your yapp or you will look like a moron.

....Quinn

The Yugoslavian
02-17-2005, 04:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Lord, don't even answer my question above. I'm embarrassed that I was making fun of the other guy and people are saying that my play is worse. Let me go to bed now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be too embarassed. For instance, Dali's folded quad aces before, does that make you feel better? /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

Seriously though, posting this hand is a very *good* thing. You obviously weren't even considering a fold here but now you have a new idea to consider. Not only that but this is a critical juncture where any sort of leak will leak a huge amount of $EV (in the form of future stealing).

I agree with the rest who say your call was poor. If I had a monster I *might* call to look like I was asking for more callers and hopefully get one of the middle stacks interested in playing some chips back at me or calling/betting at me on a favorable flop for them. Otherwise I'm folding here.

FWIW your idea probably isn't the worst ever. I mean, hell, it's gotta be +$EV (as BB is going allin with any two here and there are so many dead chips in the pot).

Your hand is far secondary to the general concern of knocking out the small stack.

Also, it's easy to weild a big stack here. Just go allin when the small stack isn't involved in the pot. (whenever you are CO or SB and the small stack has folded to you)

Yugoslav
(who has made plays at least as bad as this one)

The Yugoslavian
02-17-2005, 04:53 AM
Wow, someone sure is punchy tonight, /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Yugoslav

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 04:56 AM
I have to write an english essay and I have no idea where to start. Its 3:00 am and I have no clue what is going on.

david050173
02-17-2005, 05:32 AM
Think about your call. The BB has to go all in. Q2 is worse than average. If he just wins the blinds, his life isn't a lot better. If he triples up he is back in it. Completing and folding is still nuts...

Daliman
02-17-2005, 05:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]

If you don't understand this, I highly doubt your ability to win at no-limit poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you doubt mine too then?

two_dogs
02-17-2005, 08:53 AM
Two nights ago BS was in the BB with t4000+ 2nd in chips had around 2000 SS was in SB w t430 blinds were 200/400 folded to SB who put his last chips in and guess what BB folded.30 to win 830.Yhe bad thing is he wasn't tryin to stael from anybody.By the way it was on the bubble.

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 10:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It's easy to weild a big stack here. Just go allin when the small stack isn't involved in the pot. (whenever you are CO or SB and the small stack has folded to you)

Yugoslav

[/ QUOTE ] OK, I have 5 questions about bullying:

1. At some level of the blinds, the risk is not worth the reward. Using my game as an example, you would not do what you were suggesting if the blinds were 15/30. At what level of the blinds would you start this kind of bullying (going all-in against the medium stacks), again using my game as an example? 50/100? 100/200? 200/400?

2. Min-raising the medium stacks with the intention of folding to an all-in. Really stupid idea, I assume?

3. Going all-in against the medium stacks--do you do it every single chance you get, or do you worry that they will get tired of it and call you? I'm guessing it's every single chance; that by the time they call you, their stacks will not be large enough to hurt you.

4. If you are UTG, the small stack is the button, and the medium stacks are the blinds--do you alter your strategy? I'm assuming you wouldn't steal when it looks like the small stack is so small that it is in danger of calling any bet.

5. When is the big stack big enough to bully? Just as long as it covers the other two stacks, or do you want some kind of breathing room (for instance, 1000 chips? More chips than the small stack has?)

Those are all the questions I have for now. You can send me a bill later. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Once I have a general strategy in mind, I will grow some balls and implement it the next ten opportunities I get, then post the results.

jcm4ccc
02-17-2005, 12:33 PM
OK, I was taken to task for not folding this hand and being afraid to bully the table. So here’s a tournament I just played, with ten hands in which I was actively trying to bully. I didn’t bully every hand, but I was looking for every opportunity.

It was complicated because there was a big stack between me and the small stacks. But the big stack wasn't doing anything, so I felt fairly comfortable bullying through him. Hand #58 seems a bit reckless, but the big stack would only call me when he had a hand.

I didn’t end up with many more chips, but I think I ended up a lot better than I would have. By the time the 4th stack was eliminated, I was virtually assured at least second place. And I did end up winning the tournament.

I’m interested in any comments. As you can see, I’m trying to learn.

*********** # 50 **************
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t1275)
SB (t543)
BB (t1482)
Hero (t4690)
MP (t5510)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1225</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t1325

No showdown. Hero wins t1325. </font>
*********** # 51 **************
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP (t1250)
Button (t318)
SB (t1057)
Hero (t5390)
UTG (t5485)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls t293 (All-In), <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t418) K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t418) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t418) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t418

Hero has Ac 8c (high card, ace).
Button has 9s Qc (high card, king).
Outcome: Hero wins t418. </font>
*********** # 52 **************
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1225)
Button (t832)
Hero (t5983)
BB (t5460)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t100

No showdown. BB wins t100. </font>
*********** # 53 **************
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t400 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB (t1200)
UTG (t807)
Hero (t5758)
SB (t5735)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1200</font>, SB calls t1000, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>.

Flop: (t2275) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Turn: (t2275) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

River: (t2275) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: t2275

Hero has 9d 3h (one pair, twos).
SB has Ac Qh (one pair, twos).
Outcome: SB wins t2275. </font>
*********** # 54 **************

SB (t775)
BB (t782)
Hero (t4533)
Button (t7410)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t800</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls t357 (All-In).

Flop: (t1232) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t1232) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t1232) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t1232

BB has Jd Jh (one pair, jacks).
Hero has Kh 6h (one pair, sixes).
Outcome: BB wins t814. Hero wins t418. </font>
*********** # 55 **************

Button (t550)
SB (t1814)
Hero (t3751)
UTG (t7385)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/club.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

No showdown. Hero wins t100. </font>

*********** # 56 **************

UTG (t525)
Button (t1589)
Hero (t4026)
BB (t7360)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

No showdown. BB wins t100. </font>

*********** # 57 **************

BB (t500)
UTG (t1564)
Hero (t3801)
SB (t7635)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t475</font>, SB calls t75.

Flop: (t825) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t825) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t825) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t825

BB has Ks 2h (one pair, kings).
SB has 2c 6h (high card, ace).
Outcome: BB wins t825. </font>

*********** # 58 **************
PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t1050)
BB (t1539)
Hero (t3776)
Button (t7135)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1850</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>.

Final Pot: t2000

No showdown. Hero wins t2000. </font>

*********** # 59 **************

Button (t700)
SB (t889)
Hero (t4826)
UTG (t7085)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to t839</font>, Hero calls t239.

Flop: (t1228) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Turn: (t1228) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (t1228) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: t1228

SB has 6d 6h (two pair, sixes and fours).
Hero has As Jh (two pair, aces and fours).
Outcome: Hero wins t1228. </font>

lorinda
02-17-2005, 12:39 PM
Slider-Man, Slider-Man,
bets whatever the slider can,
what's he got? why d'ya care,
they cannot call, they wouldn't dare.
Woooohoooo, it's the Slider-Man

He gets abused, called a fool,
accused of wasting the slider tool,
does he use his guile and wit?
not all, says "F that S"
woooooohooooo, fear the slider-man.

Lori

Cleveland Guy
02-17-2005, 01:07 PM
His fold is bad yes- and why did he complete if he didn't plan on calling the additional 190?

However your reasoning - if I call we can all check it down and knock it out is not the conventional thinking.

This guy sees you limp UTG and then just call the little raise from the BB who is all in. You shouldn't have limped UTG with Q2. I would have folded personally.

from the SBs train of thought - he sees you limp in against a guy who is probably going all in. Then he sees you just call the raise - it might look like he is getting baited into a pot he doesn't want to be in. He probably figures you are slow playing a monster, or an above average hand, and he can coast into 3rd by just folding here.

He might want to avoid having TPNK - and losing a lot of his stack when he will get 3rd if you win, and still have enough chips to fight.

I think his fold is bad, his complete was worse, and your UTG call was the worst play of all.

FYI- If I am going to play a hand against the Short Stack when I know he is all in, I am going to raise first in the pot, and probably have a better hand than Q2.

BigDave
02-17-2005, 01:21 PM
My nominee from last night:

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t2392)
RETARDO (t205)
UTG (t1445)
MP (t180)
Hero (t1858)
Button (t1920)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls [t1920] , <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, RETARDO folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: t800

revots33
02-17-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
from the SBs train of thought - he sees you limp in against a guy who is probably going all in. Then he sees you just call the raise - it might look like he is getting baited into a pot he doesn't want to be in. He probably figures you are slow playing a monster, or an above average hand, and he can coast into 3rd by just folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

He's already put in 600 and he's gotta put in another 190 into a pot that's now 2180. Any way you look at it that's one crazy fold. Even if he didn't want to get trapped, he could've folded to any bet by hero if he didn't flop a monster.

Was this a low-buyin SNG I assume? I play $11 SNGs and see crazy folds like this all the time. Half the time, if the guy had paid the tiny price to see the flop he'd have knocked the short stack out.

BTW I'd have folded the Q2. I think sometimes we get so caught up in knocking out the short stack, that we play hands we never would even consider under other circumstances. Let him win the blinds and knock him out when you actually have something resembling a hand.

sofere
02-17-2005, 01:45 PM
LMFAO...when's the music video comin out?

spentrent
02-17-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

What?

For the fantastic implied odds after hitting that two pair 1 in 50? I guess he had an outside shot at winning a $30,000 pot.

Or for the excellent opportunity for bluffing off his big stack on the bubble?

Or maybe it's so he can kill off the short stack on the bubble so he doesn't have to live with himself as a horribly unethical bully?

Please tell me what I am missing.

Daliman
02-17-2005, 02:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t200 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t2392)
RETARDO (t205)
UTG (t1445)
MP (t180)
Hero (t1858)
Button (t1920)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to t500</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls [t1920] , <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, RETARDO folds, UTG folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any chance Retardo was disconnected? There seemed to be a lot of problems with that kinda thing last night.

BigDave
02-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Nah, he thought about it for a while.

networkman
02-17-2005, 02:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

SB (t2392)
RETARDO (t205)
UTG (t1445)
MP (t180)
Hero (t1858)
Button (t1920)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok retardo was bad but whats going on with UTG? He raises 500, button calls and UTG folds whats that all about and how is the pot only 800?

rachelwxm
02-17-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nah, he thought about it for a while.

[/ QUOTE ]

i guess he forgot he still has TWO cards. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

BigDave
02-17-2005, 02:33 PM
When you don't put the entire hand in the converter, it f's up the total pot numbers. I have seen if f'up other things too when I put in historys from PT instead of from Party.

"whats going on with UTG? He raises 500, button calls and UTG folds"

My guess is that he wanted to go heads up with RETARDO for his 205 chips, and button either woke up with a good hand or played a very timely resteal.

iMsoLucky0
02-17-2005, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slider-Man, Slider-Man,

not all, says "F that S"

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great. Rhymes and goes with the music almost perfect.

lorinda
02-17-2005, 03:07 PM
Next to last line should read "not at all"

Typing sucks today for some reason.

Lori

jskills
02-17-2005, 05:36 PM
Folding for 190 is bad when you're in for 600.

But what about open limping for 600 UTG with disgusting hand like Q2o?

willie
02-17-2005, 05:41 PM
i've seen a worse one

final table of a multi 33 dollar buyin.

sb completes bb checks

sb bets out on the flop (min), bb calls

check check

river is dealt

sb dark folds...

F'N DARK FOLDS TO THE SHORTEST STACK AT THE TABLE

i was pretty angry cause it certainly looked like collusion or something completely shady, when this short goes out the next payout goes up 200 dollars and the bigstack dark folds....

THAT is the worst fold i've ever seen

schwza
02-17-2005, 05:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
huh? Fold Queen 2 when BB is all in bro. Thats all.

[/ QUOTE ]

ding.

gmunny
02-17-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Slider-Man, Slider-Man,

not all, says "F that S"

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

That was frickin hilarious..I was even reading it to the song... Thanks for the lol. G$

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 06:29 PM
I think this thread is going in circles. We talk about something then later some one asks about it again

This thread is over

lorinda
02-18-2005, 09:34 AM
This thread is over

I had that stupid song stuck in my head all day yesterday, the least I can do is bump it once and hope that at least one other person has to suffer.

Lori

jcm4ccc
02-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Please don't end this thread! I want some more opinions on my call with Q2o.

The vote tally so far:

Good Call: 0
Decent Call: 0
Adequate Call: 0
Terrible Phucking Call: 127

I'm hoping some late returns from California swing the votes my way.

apd138
02-18-2005, 11:04 AM

MonkeeMan
02-18-2005, 01:05 PM
Worst fold in the history of the world is by Jerome Bettis on Celebrity Poker.

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 01:08 PM
What is Celebrity poker and who is Jerome Bettis

KenProspero
02-18-2005, 01:52 PM
I'll give you the Worst Fold in the History of the Universe. Occurred in a B&amp;M game, and the only excuse is that the person who made it had never played poker before and really didn't know the rules.

1-2 limit game.

Hero is sitting 33 in the bb.

6 calls, hero checks, all 5 callers stay in. (7 in pot)

Flop is JJJ. Sb checks, Hero bets, 1 caller drop. Rest call. (6 left in pot)

Turn is J. Sb checks, Hero checks. Next person bets, 1 calls, 1 raise Button folds , Sb folds, Hero folds. (3 in pot)

River is a 9 or a T. Bet, call, Raise, call, call.

Two of the three players turn over an A, one a Jack. Pot is split. Button asks the dealer why the pot is split, since one of the players holding an A had a higher 'kicker' than the other.

When it's explained to button, that only the best 5 cards (JJJJA) play, button says "Oh, I had an A too, but I folded because my kicker a deuce was so low"

Now this by definition, is the worst fold ever. Followed pretty closely by the fact that The player holding Ace who didn't cap the betting on the river.

(unrelated note -- I agree with the consensus, fold Q2o)

rohjoh
02-18-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Flop is JJJ. Sb checks, Hero bets, 1 caller drop. Rest call. (6 left in pot)

Turn is J. Sb checks, Hero checks.

Two of the three players turn over an A, one a Jack.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pretty good lay down, considering the guy with the Jack had 5 jacks!

Daliman
02-18-2005, 02:41 PM
Last night I folded from the BB for 70 more with 1 allin and the SB called it. I had 47c, and would have won a 1040 pot with a flush. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Damn Live at the Bike telecast........

KenProspero
02-18-2005, 02:44 PM
ROFL, you're right, obvious mistype -- must have had a Queen.

Hand occurred long time ago, remember the specifics, but obviously blanked a bit on what the player who stayed in non ace had.

Thanks for the catch.

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:08 PM
I'm sure it feels great to call other people "Phucking Idiot[s]", but WTF were you doing limping in with that trash?

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 03:12 PM
Yea, i love circles.

55 posts of people saying Q2 sucks...and ill be darned, people still ask the question. I thought this thread was over already

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, i love circles.

55 posts of people saying Q2 sucks...and ill be darned, people still ask the question. I thought this thread was over already

[/ QUOTE ]

What do you mean man? The call was 100 times better than the fold.

unfrgvn
02-18-2005, 03:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, i love circles.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the call is much worse than the fold, do you see why?

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, i love circles.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the call is much worse than the fold, do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm so confused. Are you continuing the joke or did you think I was being serious?

KenProspero
02-18-2005, 03:42 PM
I assume you mean because because if you play hands like Q2, which you get all the time, you'll lose a heluva lot more than you lose by having a horrible hole in your game, such as folding this full house (which really won't occur all that often).

unfrgvn
02-18-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

I'm so confused. Are you continuing the joke or did you think I was being serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I was trying to continue the joke. Isn't "do you see why" the Sklansky tag line?

ilya
02-18-2005, 03:48 PM
Yeah.
Sorry I killed it.

ZebraAss
02-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Too good!

...so confused.

The Yugoslavian
02-18-2005, 05:45 PM
This thread is gettin' close to becoming the worst *thread* ever.

Ugh.

Yugoslav
/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MonkeeMan
02-18-2005, 05:50 PM
Celebrity Poker is a TV poker show with Phil Gorden as expert commentator. Jerome Bettis is "The Bus" in one life, a nice guy/bad poker player in another.

jeffraider
02-18-2005, 07:06 PM
INCORRECT

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&amp;Board=singletable&amp;Number=1498887 &amp;Forum=

jcm4ccc
02-21-2005, 01:02 PM
I started this stupid post. However, I truly have the worst fold in the history of the world. I am absolutely serious. This will probably never be topped. Here is the hand:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.10 BB (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Bluewave ($4.10)
mvdgolf ($6.65)
phil steve ($3.60)
mrhappy530 ($3.70)
thechipster ($3.40)
S.N. Bigfoot ($5.30)
r3vbr ($3.25)
Paparow ($7.05)

Bluewave: posts small blind $0.05
mvdgolf416: posts big blind $0.10

phil steve: folds
mrhappy530: calls $0.10
thechipster: raises $3.30 to $3.40 and is all-in
S.N. Bigfoot: raises $1.90 to $5.30 and is all-in
r3vbr: calls $3.25 and is all-in
Paparow: calls $5.30
Bluewave: folds
mvdgolf: raises $1.35 to $6.65 and is all-in
mrhappy530: calls $3.60 and is all-in
Paparow: calls $1.35

Flop: 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>

Turn: A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>

River: 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>

Final Pot: $27.55

Bluewave doesn't show.
mvdgolf has 3h 3s (one pair, threes).
phil steve doesn't show.
mrhappy530 has 2h Kh (one pair, twos).
thechipster doesn't show
S.N. Bigfoot doesn’t show
R3vbr has 7s 5d (two pair, sevens and fives).
Paparow doesn't show.

Outcome:
mvdgolf collected $0.70 from side pot-1
mvdgolf collected $1.15 from side pot-2
mvdgolf collected $4.55 from side pot-3
mvdgolf collected $2.55 from side pot-4
r3bvr collected $18.60 from main pot
</font>

Any guesses as to what is going on here? I'm sure some of you know. Answer tomorrow.

Allinlife
02-21-2005, 01:04 PM
pokerstars billionth hand, 50k to winner