PDA

View Full Version : Heads Up against a LAG

Moneyline
02-17-2005, 02:04 AM
UB 2/4 Kill It was a very fishy game, but the fish have left and the game is breaking. The remaining players are tight except for a new player who sat down the previous orbit and was betting and raising nearly every hand. This player is a maniac, but is not automatically going to the river with every hand when someone else is betting.

Kill Pot:

Folded to me in LMP (2 very tight players to my immediate left) I raise A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif T /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif, folded to LAG in the SB who calls after posting the kill blind, tight BB folds.

Flop 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Lag bets, I raise, Lag calls.

Turn: 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

Lag checks, I bet, Lag calls.

River: K /images/graemlins/heart.gif

We both check.

Results in white:
<font color="white"> LAG had 7s 6s 6c 2s, I sucked out on the river with kings up </font>

QuickLearner
02-17-2005, 11:46 AM
If he had bet on the river would you have folded?

Moneyline
02-17-2005, 02:46 PM
No

BradleyT
02-17-2005, 03:00 PM
Why would you fold to a bet on the river?

The king couldn't have improved him to a better hand than we have unless he has KK.

QuickLearner
02-17-2005, 03:17 PM
The OP acted last. Why not bet if he would have called a bet? He might have won without a showdown. I wasn't recommending folding, I was thinking about betting myself, especially against a lag who's lost the initiative.

gergery
02-17-2005, 04:26 PM
I’d have checked behind on the turn. You have nothing but hope and LAG/maniacs don’t tend to fold a lot, particularly if they have both bet into and then called a preflop raiser.

Once you get to the river like you did, I’d have bet the river since he’d check-called twice and I’d probably fold to a raise. The chances he has a better hand than you are pretty slim since it would have to be 82/K2/K8 the way he played it.

--Greg