PDA

View Full Version : TT hand

holeplug
02-17-2005, 01:36 AM
From a 10+1. I usually just fold the flop here but felt like calling for some reason. Mostly though I was wondering if there would be any value in a turn bet, say 2/3 pot, here? I was pretty sure the flop bettor didn't have an ace since everyone slow plays trips on party but the 2nd player in the hand swayed me to just checking the turn. The flush draw would have to scare him if he had an ace but maybe he was going for a turn checkraise that missed.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG (t770)
UTG+1 (t800)
<font color="#C00000">MP1 (t785)</font>
Hero (t800)
MP3 (t1075)
CO (t775)
Button (t640)
<font color="#C00000">SB (t1655)</font>
BB (t700)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls t15, Hero calls t15, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t72.50) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t55</font>, Hero calls t55, SB calls t55, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (t237.50) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks, Hero checks.

River: (t237.50) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets t150</font>, MP1 calls t150, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t537.50

Allinlife
02-17-2005, 02:02 AM
flop call is horrible, even if the bettor doesn't have the ace, very often, one of those 3 other limpers will. even if you do have the best hand, you can't really bet it confidently therefore you will get bluffed quite often even when those callers don't have the ace

holeplug
02-17-2005, 02:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
flop call is horrible, even if the bettor doesn't have the ace, very often, one of those 3 other limpers will. even if you do have the best hand, you can't really bet it confidently therefore you will get bluffed quite often even when those callers don't have the ace

[/ QUOTE ]

I know the flop call is really bad but would you still check the turn here?

Elektrik
02-17-2005, 02:33 AM
I posted a similar hand to this recently. Turns out my TT would have held up at showdown, as I think yours would have here. Turns out it's not worth the initial chips you put in on the flop to find out.

The Yugoslavian
02-17-2005, 05:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I usually just fold the flop here but felt like calling for some reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

This feeling indicates that you are making mistakes. Deviating from what you know is solid play just b/c you 'feel' like it is as bad as tilt (and/or a form of tilt) if it happens frequently or semi-consistently.

Also, in a $11 almost any pre-flop hand with an ace tries to see the flop. Sooooooo, there is a *much* higher chance than you think that you're drawing close to dead here.

Yugoslav

ZebraAss
02-17-2005, 05:26 AM
Notions are your worst enemy. Don’t do anything you “feel” might work out…especially over the computer. Just because you “might think” that “maybe” it “could” be right to call so you have a “chance” to find a 10 on the turn or river is very very bad.
Its like staring at the clock on your computer for 3 hours hoping that it would stop so you had more time to do your English paper due at 9:30am. Its not going to happen so don’t do it and finish your English paper you stupid b@$t@rd.

Wait…but the clock might stop…

Zebra-Ass