PDA

View Full Version : 30+3: Paired flop and 3 players to act after you

AA suited
02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

SB (t1060)
BB (t575)
UTG (t875)
UTG+1 (t575)
MP1 (t760)
MP2 (t750)
MP3 (t1130)
HERO (t650)
Button (t1625)

Preflop: HERO is CO with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls t15, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls t15, HERO calls t15, Button calls t15, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t90) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets t50</font>, MP3 folds, HERO ??

This is someone else's hand history (MJ from teamfu). i dont know why he called 57o as CO, but the flop play is what i'm interested in.

you have a pair, but there are 3 people to act after you.

call/raise/fold?

What is the right play and why?

silversurfer
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
I hate your call of this hand. If you were trying to make a play against weak/tights and then get away from the hand if you don't hit the flop, then fine. Raise.

Otherwise, this is a fold p/f 8 days out of 7. At least you did get away from it.

Elektrik
02-17-2005, 02:48 AM
Fold preflop. I just looked at your stack size, and that's even worse.

Fold the flop. Your stack size sucks. Are you willing to invest a lot of chips to find out if some fish playing his Q8o has you beat? Or his 99? Or his 67 even???

IMO, Neither are close.

Jman28
02-17-2005, 02:53 AM
I'd fold this flop.

It may be too tough to get overcards and straight draws to fold, which puts you in a bad spot when any overcard hits. I'd just let it go and see the next hand.

Too get the overcards to fold, you'd have to commit too much which is dangerous. I think the hand is not much better than nothing at all, given the action.

-Jman28

rachelwxm
02-17-2005, 11:13 AM
why do you play it the first place?

lorinda
02-17-2005, 11:17 AM

Fold, because you still don't have a hand.

No need to make the preflop error worse.

Lori

AA suited
02-17-2005, 12:08 PM
like i said, it's not my hand. i was more interested in post flop discussion. would it make a difference if it was A7?

lorinda
02-17-2005, 12:13 PM
I was talking post flop /images/graemlins/smile.gif

No, A7 is still pretty rough.

Lori

AA suited
02-17-2005, 02:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Fold, because you still don't have a hand.

No need to make the preflop error worse.

Lori

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's assume i have A7.

What do you mean by I don;t have a hand? I paired up so i have something.

or are you saying it's not worth the risk this early in the tourny and stay weak tight? weak tight= if you dont think you have top hand, then check/fold.

and obviously in this case, top hand would be at least trip 8's. so pairing up with the 7 = fold since someone already bet?

What if it was checked to you? would you bet out? if so, how much?

iMsoLucky0
02-17-2005, 02:08 PM
She means you don't have a hand, because 100% of the time you should fold this on preflop, and thus, there is no decision.

nokona13
02-17-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm interested in this hand because I find myself in this situation often from one of the blinds on level 1/2.

I don't quite understand the opinion that this is basically an auto-fold. I know at least at the 22/33s, where I play, after a few checks I've seen plenty of MP players throw out a bet like this with overcards (say limped with KJ or QT or something), hoping take the pot with the paired board scaring others off. With the low kicker here it's tougher, but it was said above that A7 really doesn't make much difference. In my experience at this level, if you raise here significantly, there's a good chance you take down the pot. If you get called, you can often get the turn for free, and call a small bet on the river where you'll often have the best hand if your opponent didn't improve. If you got raised, obviously you can fold. Why is this a bad tack?