PDA

View Full Version : Should all the pseudo-racist threads be censored?

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:09 AM
You all know exactly what I am talking about.

istewart
02-17-2005, 12:10 AM
You have a serious issue if they bother you.

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is?

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Which is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for starters, you're on a god damn internet forum. get over it.

istewart
02-17-2005, 12:16 AM
To follow that up, you're probably one of those people that thinks Kwanzaa is real /images/graemlins/grin.gif

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:18 AM
It has nothing to do with me taking offense or 'caring' in the way you think I do.

It is trolling at it's worst, and people get all riled up over these completely ignorant threads. Plus, we get em all the time now, while other posters are being banned for what I considering innocent swearing.

Seems to me, if people want to keep making post titles "race x is bad for x reasons but Im not racist", they should just be deleted and the forum can continue on with itself.

By the way, if a discussion about this makes you guys uncomforable, then I would say you have some issues yourself. Does my poll really bother you that much?

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:22 AM
It doesn't make me uncomfortable, it makes me think you are retarded. The moderation of this board is not up to YOU or the results of any poll you can start. If you wanna cry about it, go ahead, but what's the point?

P.S. - You're totally acting black.

istewart
02-17-2005, 12:23 AM
I am not uncomfortable. Is this supposed to be a thread for racial discussion?

Broken Glass Can
02-17-2005, 12:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Well for starters, you're on a god damn internet forum. get over it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a silly statement, considering this is a privately owned forum, and there is a history of moderation in this area. This ain't the wild west.

And they do accept feedback here, many of the new forums came about from poster feedback.

istewart
02-17-2005, 12:26 AM
GEORGE WASHINGTON CARVER = OVERRATED.

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:27 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It doesn't make me uncomfortable, it makes me think you are retarded. The moderation of this board is not up to YOU or the results of any poll you can start. If you wanna cry about it, go ahead, but what's the point?

P.S. - You're totally acting black.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just PM me if you got personal stuff. This is meant to bring up discussion on dealing with the really bad trolls. Im glad you think I have issues and want me to get over them, but stick to the topic or make it personal and PM me.

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
there is a history of moderation in this area. This ain't the wild west.

[/ QUOTE ]

gg nub. Are we talking about the same forum here? This forum? I ran over a squirrel once, it doesn't mean I have a history of animal killing.

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:31 AM
I didn't say you had issues, did I?

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't say you had issues, did I?

[/ QUOTE ]

I asked what issues I had in response to another poster, and you responded to that question with something you thought was an issue. Get a clue.

istewart
02-17-2005, 12:33 AM
Typically if you're retarded, you have some [censored] issues. Especially if you have that ugly retarded face.

AngryCola
02-17-2005, 12:34 AM
I can easily see pshreck's point of view.

Still, I've never argued for a thread to be locked or deleted.

But I usually do want trolls booted.

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:35 AM
Eh, I have sufficiently crapped on your thread enough. Take care noob.

Broken Glass Can
02-17-2005, 12:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I ran over a squirrel once, it doesn't mean I have a history of animal killing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it does, you look like the type to have swerved to hit that squirrel, you evil animal killer. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:36 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I have sufficiently crapped on your thread enough. Take care noob.

[/ QUOTE ]

Feels good to catch you completely wrong, then make you leave the thread. Adios bud.

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:41 AM
That really is funny. The day you will win an argument with me will surely be a sign of the apocalypse. You were acting retarded, I called you retarded. You started a stupid thread, I called it stupid. Where exactly is the catching? You failed to understand why certain things were permitted to be said here, I explained why. You should be kissing my ass for making you smarter.

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
That really is funny. The day you will win an argument with me will surely be a sign of the apocalypse. You were acting retarded, I called you retarded. You started a stupid thread, I called it stupid. Where exactly is the catching? You failed to understand why certain things were permitted to be said here, I explained why.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha thought you were done with the thread. Everyone knows you got pwned, just let it go.

istewart
02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
http://nate5121.tripod.com/pwned.jpg

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:45 AM
Dude it's pretty clear who is getting pwned in this thread, and it's not me. Your pwning comes from me not leaving a thread? Lol you must be new here.

AngryCola
02-17-2005, 12:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
pwning

[/ QUOTE ]

Speaking of pwning, why didn't you show for Halo yesterday?

pshreck
02-17-2005, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Dude it's pretty clear who is getting pwned in this thread, and it's not me. Your pwning comes from me not leaving a thread? Lol you must be new here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Review your posts Buster, and look at whether or not your 'arguments' are anything more than personal attacks, calling people retarded or whatever. Not really sure what argument you are referring to 'winning', I just said I caught you on claiming you didn't do something, when you did. It's right there in the thread for you and everyone to see. You decided to 'leave' right after I pointed it out, but not without getting in one more cheapshot. I hate getting in flame wars so I'm gonna apologize for pissing you off, but realize that my thread was not intended to irk you or anyone.

Understand why I get pissed when you publicly call me retarded.

zephed56
02-17-2005, 12:51 AM
No. And you all should stop "biting" the bait.

Should someone's post be censored simply because you don't agree with it?

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:51 AM
Cuz I totally forgot. I wish TSC would instant message me this stuff... but I completely spaced it. Ended up pwning my brain with tons of beer and other stuff instead.

bear187
02-17-2005, 12:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Review your posts Buster, and look at whether or not your 'arguments' are anything more than personal attacks, calling people retarded or whatever. Not really sure what argument you are referring to 'winning', I just said I caught you on claiming you didn't do something, when you did. It's right there in the thread for you and everyone to see. You decided to 'leave' right after I pointed it out, but not without getting in one more cheapshot. I hate getting in flame wars so I'm gonna apologize for pissing you off, but realize that my thread was not intended to irk you or anyone.

Understand why I get pissed when you publicly call me retarded.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get a job blacky.

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 12:58 AM
Take the high road all you want, your post was F'ING RETARDED and should be declared as such. I think YOU need to take a closer look at what can possibly be accomplished with this thread. Complaining? Pointing out obvious disparities on banning standards? Do you honestly think you are the first person to put this together? While it's true that I don't like you or anything you post really, it's more of a passive dislike that only comes out when post crap like this.

pshreck
02-17-2005, 01:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
While it's true that I don't like you or anything you post really, it's more of a passive dislike that only comes out when post crap like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm.... where did that come from? I generally see you bash just about everyone on the forum, but didn't realize you had a personal dislike for my posts. Is it more so than everyone else you bash?

ThaSaltCracka
02-17-2005, 01:02 AM
no.

BusterStacks
02-17-2005, 01:05 AM
Yes, yes it is. Pretty much all of your posts I have disliked.

Furthermore, I don't like the way this thread is going, you have taken the fun out of it for me at least. Now I really am done.

edit: I don't send hate PMs. Especially to those under Pooh-bah status.

pshreck
02-17-2005, 01:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yes, yes it is. Pretty much all of your posts I have disliked.

[/ QUOTE ]

In a way, I am honored. But for this to be true I got to get some hate PM's, that is usually the true sign of pissing someone off. So send em my way when ya can.

Deftoner
02-17-2005, 01:25 AM
You say he should get over a post he doesn't like yet you don't like this post so you get in a 4 page argument with him. Classic.

pshreck
02-17-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You say he should get over a post he doesn't like yet you don't like this post so you get in a 4 page argument with him. Classic.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not naive when it comes to my thread getting hijacked, or defending myself if I have to.

The poll is working fine though.

Freakin
02-17-2005, 03:44 AM
Wasn't one of the cited reasons for Spongers banning starting all those "racist" threads? (that, and the jennicide thing, of course). While Matty didn't think the threads were racist, he said they were intended to be interpreted as racist by the ignorant. Holy [censored], that sentence is so poorly composed it makes my head hurt. But IMO, there IS a definite history of moderating EXACTLY those kinds of threads. I think if someone wants to take offense for lack of understanding, they should go bitch about it at QLC, not OOT.

Freakin

Reef
02-17-2005, 04:20 AM
no- freedom of the press. However, mods can do whatever they want. I just think that we shoot down these idiots good enough whenever these posts come