PDA

View Full Version : A case for 2000 chips

CaptLego
02-16-2005, 11:48 PM
Here's some info on the 2000 chip case.

Review of 2000 chip case (http://members.aol.com/CaptLego/chipcase1/2000chipcase.htm)

If you have more questions, post here and I'll do what I can to answer them.

disclaimer: This is not intended as spam. I have no affiliation with the vendor. It is just that I'd been searching for a case of this capacity for quite some time, and others on this forum have expressed interest.

MSPatton
02-17-2005, 12:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Here's some info on the 2000 chip case.

Review of 2000 chip case (http://members.aol.com/CaptLego/chipcase1/2000chipcase.htm)

If you have more questions, post here and I'll do what I can to answer them.

disclaimer: This is not intended as spam. I have no affiliation with the vendor. It is just that I'd been searching for a case of this capacity for quite some time, and others on this forum have expressed interest.

[/ QUOTE ]

Capt.
I still got a few more Egyptians left so you can fill that thing

Your new nickname......"Mr. Suitcase"!

/images/graemlins/spade.gif

CaptLego
02-17-2005, 12:12 AM
I've been thinking that I could use about 1500 or so more....

TenPercenter
02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Great review, thanks. You made a hint that maybe the single doors model is a better choice? Can you elaborate on your thoughts? At $60, I don't see how I can get away from this one...

Ten

CaptLego
02-17-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Great review, thanks. You made a hint that maybe the single doors model is a better choice? Can you elaborate on your thoughts? At $60, I don't see how I can get away from this one...

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's pretty much speculation on my part, since I only have the double-door model.

I like the accessability of the chips with the double-door unit, and the fact that all the smaller chip trays are removable. That's the main reason I chose that model. The single door unit only has 4 removable trays, and the remaing 1000 chips are stored in the main case itself (kinda a pain if you want to get the chips to the table).

Judging from the pictures of the single-door unit, it looks like the double-door job has better wheels, too.

But the double-door unit is:

a) bigger than it needs to be --- there's a lot of wasted space between the trays, and between the trays and the doors. The single-door (lid) unit might hold the chips tighter for travel, and take up less space. But I don't know how well plaques and octagons would fit in the single-door unit.

b) the double-doors are a little flakey in terms of how easy they are to close and how tightly they seal

c) the double-door unit costs $10 more

BTW, they also make a 1000 chip case double-door model with wheels, that looks interesting. There's a couple of shelves in that one that could be handy for cards, etc.

CaptLego
02-17-2005, 03:02 AM
Here's a link to a pic of the wood case:
large pic of wood case (http://members.aol.com/CaptLego/wood_case_l.jpg)
That's a quite nice wood case. It holds 1200 chips in the drawers. The plaques, octagons, cards, etc are in the top.
Physically, this case is about the same size as the 2000 chip aluminum case. It holds fewer chips and doesn't have wheels, but it is a much nicer case.

I'm planning to use this case for the tournement chips, and the aluminum case for the cash game chips.

must.... get.... more.... chips....

amlindauer
02-17-2005, 12:50 PM
Impressive. That thing would weight a TON fully loaded.

unloaded
02-17-2005, 10:48 PM
Looks like too much vertical space would allow the chips to get loose in the case if you hit some bumps while rolling it around. Did you have notice this happening?

peace.
unloaded