PDA

View Full Version : Multi Tabling

pshaw019
02-16-2005, 11:05 PM
I often have a hard time multi tabling tournaments. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on how play 2+ tournaments at one time.

Is it a necessity to have a monitor that supports a large enough resolution to have all tables visible?

Do you bother spectating your tables when your out of the hands and/or take notes?

Thanks,

lorinda
02-16-2005, 11:17 PM
I 3-table due to monitor restrictions (I have overlap like you wouldn't believe)

It is not necessary to have bigger, but I'd recommend it.

I start all three at once and pretty quickly work out which one needs the most attention.

I follow that one more closely than the other two unless something strange happens on one of them.

Lori

lorinda
02-16-2005, 11:18 PM
Yes, i spectate as much as I can.

Lori

Djangopoker
02-17-2005, 01:02 AM
Are you able to see 2 tables without any overlap or will there always be overlap if you are playing more than 1 table?

Allinlife
02-17-2005, 01:04 AM
that depends on your screen resolution, I think you need 1600x1200 to play 4 table w/o overlap on PP

it usually means 19'CRT or 20'LCD monitor

AngusThermopyle
02-17-2005, 01:26 AM
If the site supports it (Party), have each with a different color deck.
Similarly, if you can, select seats at opposite ends of the table so if you have to overlap the tables, your seat will be visible.
I try to stagger the starts. Wait until a couple of levels before I start a second table. That way, if I am lucky to get to the final 3, it won't be on 2 tables at once, and I can spend more time on the faster paced table.

lacky
02-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Darlin, go down and spend a few pounds on a 19" moniter. Hell, if it wouldn't cost more to ship it than to buy one there I'd give you one. There's just no reason to play with lots of overlap unless your a once a week kind of gal, and your not.

Steve

beeyjay
02-17-2005, 04:19 AM
I usually play 8 tables. I dont stagger the starts. I have tried this but tend to agree with someone else on here that said something to the effect of "sngs have a flow to them where they start off slowly and gradually progress to a level of high concentration." For me this holds true and I like to know that all my tables are at the point where I need to either push or fold. There are many others here that like to stagger the start. I guess the only way to figure out what works best for you is to try both. I have slight overlap on both my monitors. My resolutions are 1280 by 1024 I believe, but by sitting in the corners of the tables I can always see my cards.

It is possible to notice certain players and take notes but it may take some time. My only recommendation is to add one table at a time and it slowly does become easier. If you need motivation, just think about the added $/hour. Just kidding. and hope you dont end up at 3 tables with lorinda at once as I so unfortunately did tonight. That type of table selection tends to cut back on the roi. I dont know if this helps but good luck with it all the same.

bj

breezeyo
02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I have a 21" Viewsonic CRT set at 1600X1200. There is no overlap when I am 4 tabling.

salloch
02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
I multi-table the 10+1 SNG at Party, 4 tables at a time. This is my system.

Start two tables at the same time. Then, midway through level 3, start two more tables.

On any table level 1 - 3 I pretty much "scout" for AA or KK and maybe a pocket pair or AK in late position. Other than that, I just keep clicking the fold box until level 4. (I actually tried the "away post blind and fold" option, but after forgetting to click "I am back" with AA a time or two, I gave up /images/graemlins/laugh.gif)

Then once I have the cycle up and running, I just keep replacing table for table so I always have 4 going at a time. It's like a production line, with the newest table entering my monitor at the lower left quadrant, and the latest stage table exiting at the top left quadrant.

I cannot imagine doing this without being able to see all 4 tables at once!

Vetstadium
02-17-2005, 11:38 AM
I just got my 1600 X 1200 monitor 20.5 Dell last week and used to 4 table only seeing one at a time then clicking up when needed. A lot better seeing all 4 at once even though have had yet another not so great run maybe it is due to my time restraints, I end up having to play a lot more during the day then at night.

Elektrik
02-17-2005, 11:47 AM
I four table on a 15" monitor, resolution 1024 by 768.

I have also six and eight tabled on it. I can pretty much only see one table at a time.

I generally flip from table to table for reads, although I'm sure I miss a lot. But it's definitely doable.

breezeyo
02-17-2005, 11:50 AM
Just go to pricegrabber.com and get you a 1600X1200 monitor for under $100. Its worth it.

raptor517
02-17-2005, 05:29 PM
jeez grami, do yourself a favor and go drop 160 bucks on a 19" crt at best buy that will do 1600x1200. it helps, a lot. for multitabling i have 2 19" viewsonic crts that i can 8 table on and see everything. its great.