PDA

View Full Version : How do I tell my friend to stop.

ZebraAss
02-16-2005, 10:58 PM
My friend lost 3,000 2 weeks ago in 200/15 tournaments. So he put $1,065 into the account and played in a Step 5 tournament. He won that so he played 8 or so step 4's trying to get into step 5. He played in about 10 step 5's before he finally busted.

Before this happened, He said he was never going to play again. Now he hasnt played in 2 weeks. How long will it take to know if this person is off his gambling addiction...years?

Before his first expedition into online poker he played online counter strike or something for like 4 years.

So when he does something he does a lot of it.

Zebra

Voltron87
02-16-2005, 11:00 PM
Kill him, and take all of his money before he loses it?

ZebraAss
02-16-2005, 11:05 PM
For the past year he has used poker to pay for college and living expenses. HE HAS NO MONEY LEFT

stupidsucker
02-16-2005, 11:10 PM
sounds like he may be a decent poker player, but needs to learn bankroll reqs.

You cant force someone to do anything. One of the first signs of a gambling addiction is lying about the money he has lost/won. If he is being honest with you and everyone about it then he very well may be able to stop. Dont try to get him to stop, try to get him to stop chasing his losses and tell him to play within his means.

Bluntly some people need to learn the hard way. I am one of those people myself at times. The last thing he wants is a lecture.

Be his friend, but dont lend him money.

ZebraAss
02-16-2005, 11:24 PM
Yes he is a good guy. He hasnt lied to me about any of his losses nor how he lost hands. I watch him frequently and he is usually a solid player.

The good thing is he wants to stop. He said he is going to play in the future. But playing like this isnt healthy, and he realizes this.

Thanks a lot.